For a step-by-step walkthrough on writing and publishing a tutorial using the RetouchPro tutorial publishing system, check out the tutorial here
Some general tips:
- Learn how to do screenshots
- Decide what your tutorial is going to teach
- Read existing tutorials as examples
- If possible, provide both menu and keyboard commands, and both Windows and Mac key combinations (in general, for Windows' "Alt" you use Mac's "Option" and for Windows' "Control" you use Mac's "Command")
- You don't need to know everything to write a tutorial. Just what is contained in the tutorial
- Don't assume 'everyone already knows this'. They don't. Trust me.