RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RP Tutorials Discussion for tutorials published via our automated system, and about the tutorial publishing system itself.

Problems creating tutorial from Firefox browser

Old 01-18-2005, 04:02 PM

Problems creating tutorial from Firefox browser

I have been trying in vain to upload my tutorial through the internal tutorial system, but have had some problems.

Last edited by Leah; 01-19-2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Changed title as thread will be more useful that way.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2005, 06:29 PM

Have you checked out the How to publish a tutorial link? If so can you let me know what problems you are having?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2005, 06:36 PM

I spent 3 hours trying to publish the tutorial online viz the system, was also in contact with Doug, but no joy, it seems that when i click upload for the pics, it doesnt send them to the queue so i cant manage them, nothing shows up, the box stays empty.

I use Firefox as my browser, thought maybe that was the problem, and cant try it in IE as my password is stored on this machine and my default email address goes to my work so i cant request my password to try until tommorow.

Will try them i guess.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Thanks -- I've added a note about browser issues to the start of the How to publish a tutorial guide. I've recently started using Firefox myself but have to use IE for some of my favourite sites because their twiddly bits don't seem to be supported in Firefox.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2005, 05:59 PM

Leah, if you can't run something in Firefox, check you've got the right plug ins, there's a lot available that don't come with the standard install. Firefox usually indicates this with a symbol that looks like a piece from a jigsaw, click on it and it will find the plug in you require.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2005, 06:25 PM

Yes, I've found that some places, but in the specific cases I'm thinking of the application basically works but some of its features don't. For example on another forum I can post happily from Firefox but the formatting options (bold, underline, etc.) are not available and no jigsaw pieces or anything.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2005, 04:28 AM

I've not come across that problem yet, if I find a solution I'll post it. If you find a solution please post, it may save me future problems.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2005, 05:13 AM

Leah, have'nt found a direct solution to your problem, but have found a browser add on that enables you to open IE pages from Firefox, by right clicking and clicking on "Open in IE" this should make things a little easier when you have problems such as those you described.

Extension is IE VIEW 0.84 found on page 4 in Miscellaneous section.

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/ex...efox&version=1
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2005, 05:16 AM

Viewing IE via Firefox

Hi all

Just in case it helps there is an extension you can download from Mozilla Firefox site called 'ieview'. It does just what it says.

I find this invaluable when you come across sites that cannot use Firefox correctly (or is that the other way around?). You just right click and go to 'view this page in IE'.

Cheers
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2005, 05:33 AM

Just to confirm that once i uploaded the tutorial in IE, it worked ok, so the above options should be fine.

Thanks
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > RP Tutorials