RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

What have you learned?

Old 04-04-2002, 01:02 PM

Read lots of fascinating posts and enlightened by the 'global' view on various things.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 04:17 PM

Ed states: "I've learned that a site with forums really can go for an extended period of time without flame wars, thanks to all of you."

Chris H. states: "lots of fascinating posts and enlightened by the 'global' view on various things"

Goes double for me. Doug, Ed, Tom and DJ have worked hard at creating a site that is professional yet friendly, open to both fun and serious topics, and off-limits to bullies and flame-throwers.

Chris H., Sam, Sanda, BigAl, Lisa, David, Winwintoo, and others from various parts of this glorious globe have truly enlightened and fascinated me.

oh, and learning new ways to do a restoration or retouching technique is great also!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 06:32 PM

I think this site is an example of how people respond in the same manner that they are treated and they pass that on to others. I think the tone of respect and friendliness was set in the very beginning and has spread as each new member joins in. I feel good after logging on this site. It definately puts me in a good mood and helps relieve my stress.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 07:19 PM

I learned there are no skunks in England, which is understandable, as they are all living in my barn......and that there are still lots of good, intelligent and friendly folks around who are willing and happy to share their knowledge and insights, not for money, but for the joy of sharing and helping...this is a rare and precious group. Hey DJ, swatting skunks is a great stress reliever...want me to send you a few? Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2002, 10:06 PM

Don't need them Tom. Florida has skunks a plenty. They come visiting often as do the racoons, possums, armadillos, snakes and you name it. I think I will stick to less pungent forms of stress release.
Now see, here's a perfect example of how you guys all keep me laughing. And where else can I go online to learn that swatting skunks is a stress reliever.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2002, 03:11 AM

I think DJ has summed up this forum admirably:
Quote:
I think the tone of respect and friendliness was set in the very beginning and has spread as each new member joins in. I feel good after logging on this site.
Ed is right, it's nice having someone make a kind comment rather than be flamed. The wit is something I also appreciate (especially some of CJ's responses!)

Oh yes, I've also learnt a great deal about a topic I thought I new quite well I just wish I still had enough active gray matter to remember it all
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2002, 04:18 AM

We may not have skunks but their nuisance value is nearly equalled by double glazing salesmen and bible punchers banging on the door. We can't shoot them as is normal practice in the US but the dogs have defrocked one or two. I recall one running bare of buttock back to the road having been debagged by an Alsation we had at the time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2002, 06:14 AM

Hey there Ed,

Well I've learned so much that I'd hate to use up all of the forums space talking about it all....it's unbelieveable how this group has grown and each and every person is a professional at some technique in my mind.

I look at the descriptions on each of the challenges and although there might be room for improvement in one area there is another area that has been mastered and is excellent.

Makes one feel good to know they are improving and I see so much improvement in each persons submissions.

So glad to be a part of this great group!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2002, 12:39 AM

I came here after learning cloning and other basics of photo restoration for a couple of tutorials and trying a challenge. for everything else about image editing /
manipulation / retouching I've learned it here. I've also found the most friendly and informative forum I've some across on the net. If this site hadn't been around, then I probably never would've got into photo restoration.

-David
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon