RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

I just had the !best time!!

Old 06-09-2005, 09:47 PM

I just had the !best time!!

A few days ago I ordered a bug zapper. It's like those bug zappers that hang in your back yard and electronically zap bugs, but this is a handheld tennis racket!

OMG it's so fun! The outside lights come on automatically in my apartment, so I went out and swung the racket around a few times. There was a huge moth looking thing that was yellow and black. I press the button and swing.. ZAPOW! It was pretty loud. There was a huge blue spark and the bug was lying on the ground dead.

http://www.buzzzapper.com/electric-fly-swatter-360.html

You can goto their main size, but I found this page on their site through Google and I got it for $4.89! They are normally $9.99. It's buy 2 get one free as well! I definately am going to order a set of 3 to give away to people.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2005, 10:42 PM

Here's some fun and you don't have to spend a cent. Just drive along the back roads of Ontario on a hot summer night. The turtles love to come out on the road and catch the warmth of the pavement. Man, if you really know how to drive you could probably run over 100 maybe 200 turtles, and it doesn't cost you a cent..well maybe a little for gas. Let the good times roll, hee haw!!

Cheers
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 PM

That's just wrong lol. I don't go around killing turtles. They don't harm me. Bugs on the other hand carry viruses and stuff.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 PM

Yep, here comes the huge yellow and black moth pandemic. Sorry, I'm just one of those twits that will pick a spider up in the house with toilet paper and place it outside. Having said that, I'll squash a mosquito as fast as the next person.

Cheers
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2005, 08:22 AM

Spiders I'll smush too. I don't think there's anything I'd pick up and place outside. They will all face the wraith of something.

Two days ago I saw two spiders. Which is weird because I don't usually see too many. One was about 2 to 2.5 inches long in my shower. Amazingly it didn't look like he got wet down there, but when I was finished taking my shower and saw him he got plenty wet.

The other was a baby spider crawling on my monitor at work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2005, 11:27 AM

Zapped bugs, prepared correctly, taste like chicken. However it does take quite a few of them to make a complete meal......

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2005, 02:21 PM

I know Shawn is having just too much fun, but for those thinking about buying a bug zapper..read this. http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortn...bugzapper.html

Cheers
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Dumb Bugs ?

I'm with the live and let live sect.

I wonder sometimes if bugs may have a different way of thought... maybe as a group... not the bee and ant thing..

anyhow for bug lovers here's a little story.

we lived in the wilderness for a time , without human contact I paid more attention to the little things.

My nephews and nieces joined us for a few days along with their ponies and horses... when they left they didn't take all of their horsefies with them which was a pain .

But along with the horseflies were these "HorseGuards as the kids called them" . They look simular to a large bumble bee but are black and white. They are big seemingly clumsy insects that just love to eat horseflies..
Well before long the horseflys were gone and we saw them go after normal flies... which were plentifull after the visit..
I had no screens on the Bus Camper and one of those clumsy things would come buzzing thru and right out the back door or a window... but they had seen their target and would swoop in thru the nearest windows and attack the hapless fly they had spied on their recon flight.
soon whenever we'd swat a fly we would leave the corpses on the table and one of the horse guards (we had 2) would make a big show of devouring them... that is they never stopped their wings from fluttering when they were on the table surface even when on their side... so it was quite noisy..
Now here is the part that showed some thought... if we were sleeping when they came in and there was no offerings they would buzz us.... actually come over and buzz on our faces..
I swear that is true they were quite used to us.. if we were walking down the center as they flew thru they would bump into us and bump, bump, bump their way around.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2005, 12:14 PM

Great little story Rondon! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only bug lover around.

Cheers
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2005, 12:43 PM

BTW, for those who have never seen a Horseguard, I've attached one here.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Horseguard.jpg (92.6 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon