RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

For all UK Friends...

Old 07-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Hellp Folks, long time no see.

Althought i live in the UK, i do not live near London, so i am fine, but prayers must be said for those that do live or were in London and were affected by the blasts.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2005, 10:12 AM

I add my thoughts and prayers to those above. I have always held the British people in high esteem for their courage and fortitude in hard times. As an American I say thank you to all those who fight daily to defend our freedoms against the evil we face today.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2005, 12:53 PM

The latest news here is that 4 guys who set the bombs, died in the blasts they set off.

The bad news is, they appear to have come from my home town (Leeds), Police have raided several homes in the city, and set off several controlled explosions.

The 4 men were described as "of Pakistani heritage".

I'm ashamed that the city I love so much can raise people with such hatred, and pass my most heartfelt sympathies to the victims and their families.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2005, 01:53 PM

Quote:
"The bad news is, they appear to have come from my home town (Leeds), Police have raided several homes in the city, and set off several controlled explosions."
I too live and work in Leeds and was shocked to hear this news. Many families in the area are still not allowed back into their own homes tonight while the police continue their investigations.

Lets hope that all those involved in this evil act are found and dealt with quickly

Darren

Last edited by Darren Gibson; 07-14-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Lets hope that all those involved in this evil act are found and dealt with quickly
It will take all of us to be ever vigilant to defeat those who harbor such hate in their hearts. Bring on the Patriot Act! I have nothing to hide and do not fear that my government or any agency, seeking to root out the bad guys, can do me more harm than that which terrorists wish to do me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2005, 02:32 PM

Thoughts and Prayers

While I have no relatives living in London. My heart is with all those that have been affected by this senseless act, and all the others in the past It is beyond words that in today's world one can not even go about the daily business of going off to work or school in the morning without the possibility of being the target of a terrorist. My thoughts and prayers to all those touched by these tragedies. To all those serving the public to protect and render aid in these times, I give my heartfelt thanks.
My wishes to all to "enjoy life"! Our time here is too short.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2005, 06:45 AM

My daughter lives in Brighton (UK) but travels to London regularly for work ....

When I started this Thread I was living a nightmare since every attempt to reach her had been in vain .... When I finally managed to hear her voice a couple of hours after hearing of the atrocious, loathsome terrorist attack, I cried like a child .... Now I know what part of it feels like ....

My heart and prayers are with all affected by this tragedy and all those involved in helping.

Quoting Darren:
Quote:
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2005, 04:33 PM

Flora,

I am so glad your daughter is safe and well.

The breaking news today has been that the "chemist" is thought to be of Egyptian origin and the "Mastermind" is thought to be either an Iraqi or of Pakistani origin and not curently in the uk.

Some families around the bomb factory house are being allowed back in their homes today. A two minute silence was observed at noon today for all those affected by the atrocities.

Darren
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2005, 04:57 PM

Sounds like my memory of that day Flora...

I just brought my gf to the station when I heard it on the radio. My best friend works in London and I rushed home asap to call. Unfortunately he had his phone turned off and I didn't get a reply until later in the evening when he said he was in Bristol that day!

I just hope this won't end in some chivvy on innocent foreign people only because they have the same origin or religion as the people who did this...

Patrick
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2005, 02:21 AM

So far there's been no reports of any racial intolerence here. Seeing as there were victims of all religious and racial groups, I think that everyone here has rightly seen it as an attack by a group of fanatical extremists, rather than an attack by Islam on the West.

Three of the bombers were from West Yorkshire where I live, and the people who lived and worked around them, and who thought they knew them, are totally dumbfounded that they did this terrible thing.

If anything, it has brought many of the different ethnic groups closer together, in a mutual condemnation of this senseless and cowardly act.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon