RetouchPRO (
-   Salon (
-   -   Hurricane Katrina- Cat 5 (

T Paul 08-28-2005 09:24 AM

Hurricane Katrina- Cat 5
Looks like Katrina is going to be quite severe. I hope everyone in South Louisiana is taking the evacuation seriously. They are predicting

The storm has the potential for storm surge flooding of up to 25 feet, topped with even higher waves, as much as 15 inches of rain, and tornadoes...With New Orleans sitting well below sea level, this is a potential set up for a catastrophic event that has never been seen before,

Marthig 08-28-2005 09:42 AM

I hope so too T Paul, may our friends in Louisiana and specially New Orleans be safe.

I've read somewhere recently that they expect there will be an unusually active season for tornadoes. One thinks; so? and what about the past two seasons with mean tornadoes hitting Florida and nearby areas !!

Regards to all - Martha :wavey:

Craig Walters 08-28-2005 11:33 AM

having just finished watching 'The Day After Tomorrow', one of those 'ultimate disaster' movies regarding the effects of global warming, you begin to wonder.

hope everyone is ok.

1STLITE 08-30-2005 03:04 PM

I cannot imagine what this must have been like for NO or the MS gulf coast. By the time she reached us it was maybe a level 1 and it was awful! Everyone has been without power now, some since early yesterday afternoon. Our lights just got back on, and in our little two bedroom apartment I am offering the cool to anyone I know. They have said that for rural areas of Central Mississippi they may not have all the power restored for three weeks. Prayers to all of those who are without power and to those now without homes or jobs. About to go check the news since the cable is still out. They were serious when they called it the storm of the century.

Shalford 08-30-2005 03:12 PM

I've just seen the news, an the awfull devestation that Katrina has caused.

Our thoughts are with you here in the UK.

1STLITE 08-30-2005 03:58 PM

I just do not know what to say. The damage and loss of life is so unbelieveable, If any of you haven't seen the MS coast damage, here is a link to WLBT 3 in Jackson. They sent their helicopter down there this morning, and brought back about 20 minutes of video. BTW, if anyone knows of any video of NO, especially aerial, let me know, k? Thanks.

Gary Richardson 08-31-2005 01:00 AM

I'd just like to echo Steve's sentiments.

We're fortunate over here in that we rarely get that sort of weather, all our prayers are for those affected by Katrina.

Marthig 09-01-2005 08:15 PM

So sad
I do hope and wish those poor people left homeless in just hours or minutes even, could soon get back to their homes and that there could be enough help to assist them to recover from this disaster.

Warmest regards to our friends in NO

goochs 09-26-2005 02:25 PM

Katrina and Rita help
Has anyone given any thought to helping those affected by that storm by possibly fixing there damaged photos. It is really tear jerking to see people holding on the soggy pictures and artwork that their kids made. Do you think someone has organized a group of pros and non pros to help salvage their memories.. I would be interested as long as it was a no fee based retouch group.

Shalford 09-26-2005 02:59 PM

I think that is a wonderful idea Goochs.

I am sure Retouchpro members would help in any way they could.

Best regards