Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Music you like

Old 12-31-2005, 06:18 AM
You know they're making money. I figured it had something to do with demographics, since they ask for our zip code & age, probably selling our preferences. But in this case, it's a win/win situation.

I never listen to real radio anymore, either, but I've wished there were a way for me to discover current artists that I like, and now there is I had never heard of the Cox Family or Kasey Chambers or Blue Highway, but now I find I really like their music a lot.

Yes, the favorites list is all inclusive, and I was hoping I could go to it and play all the songs there, but it doesn't seem to be set up that way, just a way for you to print off a list of favorites.

And yes, there are some artists who are in short supply. I wanted a station of Andrea Bocelli, and he was only featured on 2 songs with other singers.
Hopefully, when an artist is requested enough, they add him or her to their repertoire. I did create one of Enya, whom I've loved for 15 years, great music to paint by.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2005, 10:12 AM

yes, i was hoping the favorites list would be a playable list also. oh well. perhaps, though, one could accumulate favorites and then make a special station just off of that. you'd still get other artists, but it might 'tune' your station better.

also, i wish there were a way to taper off other artists a bit. i plug in someone i like and get what seems like about a 3 to 1 of other artists to my artist. i know this is a promotional thing and that they want to introduce us to other music, but to me it would be smarter to make it 3 to 1 in favor of the artists we like. that way we'd stay interested longer. but again, oh well. someday, perhaps, when i'm running the universe i can have everything as i want it

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2005, 11:09 AM
someday, perhaps, when i'm running the universe i can have everything as i want it
Craig, when you do take over the universe, don't forget me. I have a few requests to make

Yes, I had the same thoughts about too few songs by the artist I requested, but so far it's fun to play with. Don't know how long it will hold my ADHD interest.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh no another toy

I am at the moment giving Pandora a try out, And i am testing it on some of the newer groups in the uk at the moment ( well maybe a year or two old, like Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, & Coldplay yes i do know my age but they are good ! ! ! !) will try some of the older stuff later, and so will hubby when he gets his hands on it, Which will mean less time for me on the pc, second thoughts might keep quiet about it ! ! ! ! !

Sold It is just playing my favorite killers track "all these things that i've done "

Last edited by palms; 12-31-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2006, 12:53 PM
I've gotten some very nice stations out of Pandora. Then again, I've also gotten stations that only play the same 5 songs over and over

Overall I'm very pleased with it. I just wish it could stream to Winamp.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey. This is very cool. Thanks, Doug, for resurrecting this thread. I hadn't heard of Pandora before. I have to remember that I'm at work (listening with earphones) and can't be sitting here tapping my feet or singing along.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Yay... well it played straight off the bat a Pink Floyd song that I haven't heard for ages (and practically never on radio) so I am chuffed
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon