Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Anyone like me?

Old 01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
No worries!

Ok, support wise - its not ideal but in comparison to many other countries, we're lucky. We have a system called family tax benefit which you're eligible for depending on ages of children, I believe until you earn around $90,000pa, as a household. It varies, from about $450 a fortnight down to $20, means tested. For those of us like myself, my husband is still an apprentice (started training late) and with my income being nil some weeks, there is another payment on top of that, parenting payment, plus rent assistance and so on. If I don't earn any income in a fortnight, based on my husbands wage alone it means I am paid about $650 for 'raising children'.

I guess then you add in the now $3000 you receive on the birth of a child too, the $200 or so you receive if immunisations are up to date by 2yrs of age and then the yearly 'bonus' of $600-ish per child (changes with inflation).

All in all, it is easy to 'afford' to have kids here because this system is in place.

As for my business, I do have a website, yes, in its mid-stages, lol. I had it fully up and running and then the server had problems and the saved version was lost - so I couldn't change it or I'd lose the lot on the next publish! So I scrapped it and started again our website is where you can see exactly what we're doing - and its way easier than trying to explain it, lol!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
You have beautiful items! What a unique Idea. I hope that it works out for you!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2006, 12:20 PM

You sure can say Oz here, every body knows thats where Toto took Dorothy when they left Kansas. Although I don't think the wind blows there every day like that day.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon