RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hobbies

Old 03-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Janitor

Hobbies

This is just a thread for you to share what hobbies you have, outside of anything retouching or photo-related. For this discussion, "hobby" will include something you do or make, not watch or read

I've already inflicted some of my "musical" hobby on you here. Lesser hobbies include gardening (been a couple of years since I actively pursued this one) and bicycling on converted railways (can't wait for warm weather).

I fully plan on learning Tai Chi and Swedish someday. A couple of decades ago I enjoyed backpacking, and I'm thinking about starting that up again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2006, 02:57 AM

Guess I'll be the first to jump in here Doug.

When I'm not here, I help out in a couple of Forums removing malware from other people's computers (got a bit hectic lately, and I'm not spending as much time here as I'd like), and as long term members here will no doubt already be aware, my real love is skiing. Given the option I could easily spend my life sliding downhill.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Patron

Hobbies

Well I've been riding bikes for a long time. My bike has been my personal psychiatrist forever it seems. So I ride most every day and a few times a year do a bike trip of some kind.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2006, 06:30 AM

well, well!!! my hobbies - yoga and archeology.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2006, 07:07 AM

Great ! Mine is sport catamaran sailing ... as soon as I can and weather condition permits, so good to jump on a hobie cat and spend a few hours on the sea !
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2006, 02:03 PM

Ohh how alarming... A hobby for me that does not include watching or reading... Ack - do I have one? Perhaps shopping on eBay .

I am a neat freak, but I would not like to concider cleaning a hobby. I do like playing cards with friends (500 is our favorite game). I use to paint (you know with brushes), but prefer the computer now.

Wow, how sad. I hate yard work, I have a black thumb, I am not sporty (terrified of getting hit by the ball)

Does being a member of RetouchPro count as a hobby? In all honesty my hobbies tend to change with life, right now we are planning a move so I am absorbed with cleaning, packing and selling our stuff. I tend to focus on a real life event and throw myself into it. No time for other hobbies.

Jeeze, did I answer the question...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2006, 05:26 AM

Hobbies.....

Doug do tell why you want to learn Swedish??? Are you planning a visit to this country??? Not to worry i would say 80 percent of the population speak really good English....

Hobbies apart from the photo and computer stuff...
Getting back into painting on canvas....gardening...need lots of flower subjects for my photo art...yoga and pilates....on and off....decorating the home and if i have time i like to read, i do like a bit of fiction but i like learning and informative books....

Thats it for today....could be more tomorrow!!!!

Kind regards Patricia Kay.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2006, 07:24 AM
Janitor

I just love that it's mutually intelligible with Danish and Norwegian. Like a buy 1 get two free sale
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2006, 07:48 AM

Scandinavian Languages...

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the reply....I also lived in Denmark for a while and i gotta say although some of the words are similar it sounds sooooo different, my pronunciation is not correct and the Swedish people like it to be...so i end up speaking English...Although Peters mother is Polish and doesnt speak English, but speaks Swedish in a very simple way, i can converse with her and she does understand me....Having struggled with setting up new electrical equipment in three Scandinavian languages..i have decided its easier to read them than speak ...Ah well maybe you are one of the lucky ones...with a multilingual tongue?????

Good luck with your quest..

Kind regards Patricia Kay
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 AM

Hmmm, other hobbies. Difficult one because digital photography and digital art have pretty much taken over my life, but yes, I do have a life outside of these. I love flower gardening, though I'm not so good at it. My son and my mother are; the green thumb skipped a generation. I collect a few things but am careful not to tell family and friends because they start collecting them for me, and it gets out of hand. At the moment, it's candle snuffers and boxes that look like vintage books.......shhhh! Like Robin, I used to paint with traditional media, haven't in a long time, but won't get rid of my supplies because I never know when I might take it up again. I like to play Scrabble, currently play online. Oh, almost forgot, I belong to a hiking group.

Last edited by raniday; 03-31-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon