RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Dogs and TV

Old 03-11-2006, 02:38 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Dogs and TV

I was just wondering how many of you watch "The Dog Whisperer"? It's a good program, whether you have a dog or not.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2006, 11:43 AM

Ed, I don't get the National Geographic channel so I can't see his show, I guess. I googled the show and watched some great clips showing him taking control back from a "swimming pool hogging" retriever and a very scary Chihuahua with a lot of teeth. I'd really like to see the show, and hope my provider adds the channel.

The clips I watched showed him to be a very calm, gentle man who is able to teach people to expect and receive polite behavior from their animal companions. I'm lucky -- all mine are naturally sweet and when they "take over", it's just lying on MY chair or talking me into another serving of food (which can be dangerous for them at times). But that CHIHUAHUA with all those teeth was growling and snapping... The only time I've crossed a street to avoid a dog -- it was a chihuahua -- with very big teeth glinting in the sunlight... It looked like the dog whisperer did what my friend does with her snarly Chihuahua -- put his fist in her mouth when she attacked. Looked like it worked without ripping him up, but I don't know if I could find that much nerve...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-14-2006, 01:16 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Swartz
watched some great clips showing him taking control back from a "swimming pool hogging" retriever and a very scary Chihuahua with a lot of teeth. I'd really like to see the show, and hope my provider adds the channel.
I saw both of those. It's too bad you couldn't see the whole thing. It's interesting how he controls dogs.

One guy had a dog that came from the country. He brought it to the city, and the poor dog was terrified of everything! In explaining the problem to Cesar, the guy said his dog was on the sidewalk, on a leash. He saw a woman pushing a baby buggy coming toward him. He said the dog was like saying "It's a baby buggy! Run for your lives!" It was pretty funny to see, but the poor dog was practically in shock.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon