Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Loverly's Children's book

Old 07-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Thumbs down Loverly's Children's book

Hi Everyone!
Sorry it has been so long but I have had a wild year and an half with movin to a new state, trying to catch up on 6 years of my own scrapbooking projects and then working on my chilren's book. I keep the computer hot!
(I also started Taekwondo a year ago with my hubby and kids, and tomorrow I get to break my first board at the test! lol.. I'll be 3 belts from black after Saturday!)

I am finished with the book all accpet the back pages and other details such as acquiring the ISBN number. I'm looking into to self publishing and finding a printer.

The book is all about my daughter's dress up adventures with my son being the sub-story. He get's piled with the dress up clothes,put in a dress, thrown into a lagoon of sharks, forced to walk the plank, and a bunch of other silly things that they helped me cook up.

I used real photos of the kids and cats in it and then drew with the Wacom Tablet (Which I got in November and can't imagine life without it!)

I have put all the pages in CMYK which was my first time to use that. I can't say I liked it either! Right now the pages are all Photoshop files since I don't have a Mac and Quark. I probably will have to have them all converted to In Design or something else since Murphey's Law is still alive here in my house! I just wasn't in the mood to learn another prog!
Not sure how that will work but maybe someone here knows. Thought maybe I could just hire someone to convert them if I had to.

Hope all is well with everyone!

p.s. I also have a few more restoration feathers in my cap and one small wedding feather in my photographers cap!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cover_with-copyright.jpg (37.0 KB, 35 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon