Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

FBI is warning of new attacks...

Old 05-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Its awfully easy to let the News reports get to seems as though, if you spend much time listening to them, that the end of everything is just about upon us...but always after the next commercial break and even though it will all be over by Friday, ( or so the Newsfolks claim), there will be a Sunday Primetime special exposing the truth of the aforementioned absolute extinction of everything, everywhere.....Pardon the cynical attitude, but ALL the news reports are more concerned with keeping ratings up than reporting " Just the facts"....If you listen, REALLY listen, you will discover that 99% of the "Gloom and Doom" is couched in clever language to attempt to obfuscate the fact that they are simply speculating. Hyping possible Terrorist attacks is irresponsible and will lead to what DJ pointed out. When you hear words/phrases like " might" , " no hard evidence", "possible", or " information suggests"...take it with a grain of salt. Keep you eyes open and be alert, but dont let the speculative hype become the absolute truth to you. Avoid getting hypnotised by fear mongers who's only real agenda is ratings and Ad sales. It almost seems at times that we are our own worst I said, Life is to enjoy and relish...worry and fear are always about something which MIGHT occur, NOT what has or is.....fear robs you of your today, tomorrow and all which is good. Be alert, but realize that you have probably as much chance of winning millions in the lottery as being taken out by a short, dont worry about getting hit by a train, just step off the tracks. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2002, 02:58 AM
The first ten years are the worst !
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2002, 05:26 AM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I fully agree with Tom. There are nuclear plants close enough to me to us too. But I don't think about them all the time. In fact, I almost never think about them. If a major strike does happen, there's nothing I can do about it anyhow, so why let it disrupt my life before it happens? There's always the *possibility* that some things could be "leaked" for political reasons. I don't thing there is one politician who wouldn't take advantage of a situation, whatever political party they are connected to.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2002, 02:27 PM
I also agree with Tom. I also believe that there WILL be additional terrorist attacks. When? Where? How? Who knows? Even the terrorists may not know those answers, and I'm not going to make them Happy by wasting my precious life thinking about them. But as Tom & David also said -- be alert, report anything seriously out of the ordinary, 'get off the tracks'.

Now what has me wondering is those "charms of Saloon girls". Tom, I don't remember you mentioning them before -- just geese, goats, etc.

Greg, an asteroid IS coming -- how close does it have to get to be fuel for your "artist's fire"?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon