Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

About our group

Old 03-01-2002, 03:54 PM
great group

I agree with everything that has been said about this site. I have been learning online for the past three years and I have been impressed with how generous people have been of their time and knowledge. I do not frequent the normal chat groups, but I have not seen the same level of cooperation that is in this forum. The now defunct ZDU/SmartPlanet online courses had the same spirit of cooperation. It was a wonderful way to start my online experience.

I have always felt that most people are nice, but that the unpleasant ones get most of the attention. It is very satisfying to know that you have helped other people. I am always a little nervous when I offer advice to people, but it is very rewarding when it actually helps them.

I have been running a retail appliance business in NYC for the past 36 years. We have been able to survive against the big chains by following the same principle of helping people.

I’ll be retiring in about two years, but I intend to remain active in business consulting. However, my real loves are travel, history and photography. I’ve just purchased a Nikon coolscan 4000, but it has not arrived yet. I’ll post my comments about it in the scanning forum once I get going.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon