RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

What's in a name?

Old 02-23-2002, 09:46 PM

Not very original with just my name! I really didn't know how to create an avatar when first joined the group. I know I have seen a thread around here somewhere about it...so If I really feel the need I know I can just search for the info
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2002, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky
ItzRandy
Stinky heh?? Is there a good story there? I thought it was because you were a casanova like Pepe Lepew.
I could only wish there was a good story to this one. She swears that I have alien DNA that puts me in a class all my own! Talk about an inferiority complex! I think I stay married for the abuse!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2002, 06:11 AM

Well, mine is obvious.
I posted my own pic because I discovered I could, and I was hoping to start a trend.

I like the idea of putting a face to a name. I just seem to relate to a face better than a cartoon or some other symbol. This group is very personable, and a face just seems appropriate, especially when you think about what we are all about-photographs.

So my vote (if we had one) would be to show a face - any face, so we can see who we're talking to.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2002, 03:41 PM

I use the name Sanda because it's a name my young cousin calls me and when I signed up with this group I had just spent the day with her and had heard the name constantly so I guess it was etched in my brain. My name is Sandra, if I knew how I would change Sanda to Sandra.
As for the mouse avitar I use, well when I chose that I was feeling like a little mouse in such a large place and wanted to hide in my little mouse hole. I guess I was feeling a bit intimidated by the awesome talent here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2002, 03:51 PM

I think there is a way to change it but I like Sanda. It's unique and so are you. As for the mouse, I think you have become the mouse that roared. I would say you rank right up there in that talent list.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2002, 11:30 PM

Re Doug's avatar: I was convinced it was demonstrating the latest typing technique.

Vikki - I definitely agree with you there. Remember that thread when I tried to persuade people to post their photos? Well, that fell right on its face (sorry!), didn't it? Obviously, most people prefer anonymity ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2002, 10:32 AM

Okay, I'll take on the "challenge" and change my avatar to a teeny picture of me. I started out with Snoopy lying on his doghouse in the sun -- I love dogs and live in sunny Arizona -- then changed it to our beautiful state flag, and now to me lying in the sun with a baby tiger -- the tiger cub was cropped out due to size restrictions. He's cuter but he never learned Photoshop. (No, I don't live with a tiger, but I did get to spend 15 minutes with two cubs as a fundraising project for a wild animal park in the area.)

My name is CJ, which is what my family called me since I was a kid(short for Carolyn Jean). This is a "homey" group, and I feel comfortable using it here.

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 03-01-2002 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2002, 03:30 PM

I did not see the instructions for using a personal avatar. Please advise as to what the procedure is.

thanks,

Alan
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2002, 04:07 PM

Alan
Check out the bottom of this thread for intructions on getting an avatar.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2002, 04:57 PM

All right, CJ!
Good to see you.
I envy you, living in Arizona. My parents, sister, and brother live there too. They often tell me how much they love it (usually when we're having a terrible snow storm, here in the outskirts of Buffalo, NY).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon