RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

new user

Old 04-28-2007, 01:22 PM

new user

I might as well jump in........I am a architectural building designer by trade 30 years designing homes. My wife runs our reprographics business and does life size cutouts and life celebration boards for funerals.

I live in Avon IN married to a wonderful woman (my best friend). We work together she run the reprographics business and I draw pictures.

As I attempt to slow down I have been requested to clean up photos that have missing body parts "not in a photo". I know very little in CS2 suites, I have it so I started messing around cleaning up photos. It is amazing what can be done in photoshop.

I am part of an architectural forum with a couple of thousand post helping others learn - now I am here to learn and maybe one day as I learn I can offer help.

You have a basic photoshop 101 member at 58+ still willing to learning.

This is my first attempt in photoshop. An elderly wanted a family photo with all current members together. I had to take out some memebers then add others together in the second photo. I added an arm on the girl.

Several members in photo have passed away so this couple asked if I would at least use them as a first to learn on. This the results of my feeble attempt. Keep in mind I have never used photoshop yet I am willing to learn.
Attached Images
File Type: gif org-photo-1.gif (27.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: gif org-photo-2.gif (27.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: gif wedding-background-copy.gif (96.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by JimS; 04-28-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2007, 11:33 PM

Re: new user

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimS View Post
I might as well jump in........I am a architectural building designer by trade 30 years designing homes. My wife runs our reprographics business and does life size cutouts and life celebration boards for funerals.

I live in Avon IN married to a wonderful woman (my best friend). We work together she run the reprographics business and I draw pictures.

As I attempt to slow down I have been requested to clean up photos that have missing body parts "not in a photo". I know very little in CS2 suites, I have it so I started messing around cleaning up photos. It is amazing what can be done in photoshop.

I am part of an architectural forum with a couple of thousand post helping others learn - now I am here to learn and maybe one day as I learn I can offer help.

You have a basic photoshop 101 member at 58+ still willing to learning.

This is my first attempt in photoshop. An elderly wanted a family photo with all current members together. I had to take out some memebers then add others together in the second photo. I added an arm on the girl.

Several members in photo have passed away so this couple asked if I would at least use them as a first to learn on. This the results of my feeble attempt. Keep in mind I have never used photoshop yet I am willing to learn.
Welcome, Jim...

I'm 55 and started hunting/pecking with Photoshop a few years ago, so there's hope for the over 50 set.

It's difficult to assess your handiwork because the image dimensions are pretty low, but from what I can see it appears you're off to a good start.

For future ref. you can use Photoshop's Image > Image Size command (constrain proportions = yes) to lower resolution to ~ 72-90 ppi, followed by File > Save for Web's [Optimize to Image Size] functionality to easily squish down an image so it's less than 100 kb, but still retain larger width/height.

Hope this helps. Look fwd. to seeing more of your work.

Danny
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon