Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hi everyone!!

Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Re: Hi everyone!!

Hi there.
I'm a newbie to the forum and wanted to say hi.
I'm in Denver and do retouching for a living and have been tooling around in Photoshop since 1992. A friend told me about this site and to get in here and check it out.
Hope to get some tips and am more than willing to give them where needed.
Also certified in color management if anyone has questions regarding that subject.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2007, 01:21 PM

Greetings. I moved your post to its own thread, hope you don't mind.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2007, 03:45 PM

This is my first time here and am so glad that the first email I have checked out is yours. I do have a question-I am working with mannequins-but different parts from different ones-the pics were sent to me from a company I consult with-I need to to color the face/arms/legs all the same color they are all different at this time. How do I go about doing this and please write it step-by-step as I am new to Photoshop.
Thank you Jackie
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM

For that scenario I would probably look at the gradient map.
First find a mannequin image you like for the color reference of the rest that has the full range of tones you will be using on the rest of the images you will be changing.
Then in RGB mode, take color samples of the image with your eye dropper (set to 3x3) at different levels of the body parts to build a map of color levels from light to dark. (Write these numbers down)
Once you have all your numbers go to Layer/New Adjustment Layer/Gradient Map..., Give the new layer a name and slect OK.
You should have a winodw up with a gradient on it. Click on the gradient and a Gradient Editor window will open. Gradient type should be "solid" and Smoothness at 100%.
Start adding points of color along the gradient at the bottom by clicking just under the gradient. With each point selected you can specify the color at the bottom where it says "Color".
Essentially you are creating a map of a color gradient applied to specific points of your image. In a light area you are telling the gradient map to color it xyz. In the dark area another color. If you create a good map it should apply well to your images and make the color consistent. You might have to adjust the placement of the points along the gradient in the Gradient Editor to get to your liking.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon