RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hi from Los Angeles County, CA from a Newbie....

Old 05-19-2007, 12:55 PM

Re: Hi from Los Angeles County, CA from a Newbie....

Gerry...

>>>>I got my first Mac, a PowerBook G4 after I retired. Last year I gave up my PC, on wich I learned Elements 2.0 and PS CS2 and got an Intel iMac. I redid my old PC and gave it to my wife. She loves it!

Because it was free and you are there to support it? LOL
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2007, 01:38 AM

Hi Swampy,

My daughter wants to work at Disneyland, but used to speak of Imagineering. She even remade the Jungle Cruise into a Lion King ride.

I work off a PC. Sorry for not being active today. I have so much I'm trying to do these days I just don't seem to have time.

Lil
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2007, 01:43 AM

Hi DannyRaphael,

whereabouts in WA? My husband's from Port Angeles. We're trying to decide where to retire one day, in a way he's thinking WA, but I think that'll be too cold. We'll see....

I bought a huge book on PS today with a 2 hour video tutorial included as well. It's set up in lessons which I felt seemed like a good way to approach the issue. I bought "Adobe Photoshop CS one-on-one" by Deke McClelland. Know of it?

Lil
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2007, 02:02 AM

Hi again Gerry,

we're well located for my husband's jobs. He's a Steadicam Operator working on different TV Series & now & then movies. He worked on ALIAS for 4 1/2 years, then he went on LAS VEGAS for a year, did a little on LOST, then on COLD CASE. Right now he does days on MONK & is scheduled to go on to NUM3ERS for the Fall season.

I've been working on PCs all the time & that's about 18 years. Self taught & I've done so many upgrades over the years I don't even think about it any more. I like PCs & even learned DOS. I'm happy with what I'm doing. . . .

I'm one of those who believe we should all do what we're comfortable doing & get the most use out of. I don't get into the debate about which is better - Canon or Nikon. It's redundant to me. The best camera for me is the camera I'm the most efficient with & which fits my personality. End. If I wanted the best & could afford it, then I'd buy a Hasselblad camera.

I feel the same way about Mac vs PC, whichever works the best for the person in question is the best computer for that person to work on.

I've bought a huge book on PS CS today. I hope that one will be OK. It's called "Adobe Photoshop CS one-on-one". I chose it over others, which were smaller with more pictures etc, due to the fact that it's set up as lessons. I hope it applies to PS2 as I'm not sure if what's also referred to as CS is also Photoshop 8. If it's a wrong book - I should have checked Amazon.com, then I'll have to return it & order from Amazon.com, but I'm hoping this one will get me started.

I want to spend some time getting to know PS2 before we get together so I don't feel lost & right now I feel swamped in learning new software & really getting to know my camera. Add to that I have 2 horses at home, 4 cats, 3 dogs, about 20 Lovebirds & a Cockatoo along with husband & daughter to take care of as well as chronic headaches I'm combating.

So let me find myself in all this & then we can get together. Thanks for being so willing to help a newbie.

Lil
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon