RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

How Did You All Get Here?

Old 05-19-2007, 12:01 AM

Thumbs up How Did You All Get Here?

Just curious how we all come to be hanging out at RP.

I was at a home show in Oregon in 2005 and walked into a booth where a guy was selling photo art. I had to go ask him if what he was selling was indeed a photo or a painting. He explained a little about how he did his photo art to me and recommended RetouchPro when I asked how I could learn more....I have been hooked ever since.
(I wish I knew who that guy is so I could say thanks.)

Alan

Last edited by cardmnal; 05-19-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2007, 12:16 AM

Thumbs up Re: How Did You All Get Here?

I was a mod at a forum that unfortunatelly does not exist anymore, and was in charge of the resources thread.
Looking for design sites in "Stumble upon" I stumbled in RetouchPRO and subscribed right then.
Could not believe all the fantastic learning material available here, and all the contests and challenges. I am still amazed
Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2007, 02:06 AM

Re: How Did You All Get Here?

4 years ago, when I was starting out with Elements 2.0, a good friend of mine suttested this site. I was on and off, mostly lurking, until early this year. I started to get interested in the creative interpretation and the photo art challenges. I don't do all of them but I've had a lot of fun with the ones I do. I still lurk a lot, mostly because I don't feel I have that much to offer. And besides, there are so many here that know so much more than I do. I have learned an awful lot by reading some of the threads, going to the tutorial thread and trying out all the suggestions.

Gerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2007, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
. I still lurk a lot, mostly because I don't feel I have that much to offer. And besides, there are so many here that know so much more than I do. I have learned an awful lot by reading some of the threads, going to the tutorial thread and trying out all the suggestions.

Gerry
Gerry sorry but get posting more ( love your recent sunsets by the way ) that way you will learn even more, This way you get more input, more sense of acclomplishment, more understanding and yes you will have things to offer, like your own style.

I got here just by surfing around looking for tutorials, joined and posted with trepidation at first. Didnt get my head bit off so have stuck around enjoying every minute of it since

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2007, 05:06 AM

Ok this post did it, I just have to say hello to everyone. I found this site almost a year ago when looking for photoshop tutorials and have been lurking ever since. I'm amazed at the talent here and I've learned so much I want to thank eveyone. Of course I'm still learning and like Gerry, feel I have more to learn than contribute. Also, I've had a major move and job change but hope to participate more as life calms down.

Doreen
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2007, 08:41 AM

Doreen Hi and welcome come and join in when you can you will have fun while learning

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
joined and posted with trepidation at first. Didnt get my head bit off so have stuck around enjoying every minute of it since
I couldn't agree more. I was a lurker for a while but the fun really began once I decided to get my feet wet.

Doreen, welcome aboard.

Gerry, you do good work. I hope to see more.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2007, 11:53 PM

Well, I've never been the lurker type. I tend to jump in with both feet and just act like I know what I'm doing. LOL

Found this site a couple years ago when looking for some PS tutorilas. Look at me, now *I* doing them (videos even!). Have virtually met a lot of wonderful and very talented people and always enjoy their creative abilities and funny banter. My thanks to all who have been so generous with their knowledge and time to help others.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2007, 01:08 AM

Like many others I found RetouchPro whilst Googling for tutorials.

Right from the start I found myself amongst a whole lot of friendly and knowledgeable people who were more than willing to share their expertise with me.

I quickly moved from lurking to posting, and found that that's really when you get the most out of a site like this.

So for those out there who are feeling hesitant about posting, jump in the water's fine. Everyone's contribution is unique and valuable and someone will always benefit from the fact that you do.

You might just ask the question, or post the solution to something that someone else wants to know, or inspire someone to attempt something they otherwise wouldn't with one of your creations, you never know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2007, 12:51 AM

I've been a Corel Draw user forever. About 7 years ago I got a free 4" x 5" Wacom Tablet with a Corel Suite upgrade package. It sat around gathering dust for a couple of years until I purchased Elements 2.0. As I began learning more about photo manipulation I eventually acquired Photoshop. I stuck mainly with retouching until I stumbled upon RetouchPRO in 2005 and discovered photo art. I've been hooked ever since.

What a tremendous learning experience it has been. As others have said, by all means become an active participant in the forums. Don't be afraid to post. I have yet to see a discouraging word in anyone's posts. As an active participant you will be motivated to improve your skills and the feedback is invaluable. Computer art is a wonderful pastime and a valuable skill to have and introduce to others. I already have my 4 year old grandson painting on grandpa's "puter".
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon