Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 AM

I found this forum during a recent Google search for a way to remove window reflections from photographs.

I am a 41 year-old amateur photographer in Frisco, Texas. I inherited my love of photography from my Mom and Grandma, though none of us has ever made any significant money from it. When I was 5 or 6 years old, my parents gave me a Kodak Instamatic 44; I still have several of the first pictures that I took with that camera, including a self-portrait that I enhanced to color-correct, focus and sharpen. I have collected many other photos shot by members of my family in the '60s and '70s, that I need to copy, retouch and archive.

My equipment includes a Canon 20D dSLR; a Konica-Minolta G500 p/s; a Canon ZR60; an Archos AV500 w/ a sports camera; an Epson Perfection PHOTO flatbed scanner; a Konica-Minolta DiMage Scan Dual IV film scanner; Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0; Photomatix Pro 2.3; Pokescope Pro v26; and Pinnacle 10.7. I am always looking for new ways to capture images as realistically and dramatically as I can. This has led me to experiment with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and stereoscopic photography. I would like to take all these techniques in new directions, such as aerial photography.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Re: Hello

Hi Pooua,

Welcome to RetouchPro.

I'm not a photographer myself, I dabble a little but that's as far as it goes.

You'll need to chat with CJ over in the Photography forum, she'll be a bit more au fait with your kit.

Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon