RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

What is your opinion about Iranian Ecotour Activity?

Old 08-19-2007, 03:47 PM

What is your opinion about Iranian Ecotour Activity?

http://works.artsig.com/works/52/54/...5cf5e2ffdb.jpg

Unprofessional Reputed Iranian Nature Tour Company

The EcoTour company (Eco Expert Ltd) in Tehran, Iran is an eco tourism nature company. They were established 1998 to promote Iran's eco tourism attractions and to improve bio-cultural attitudes among people, both locally and internationally, and to pave the way for interested tourists. They claim to have received approval from the three top Iranian Tourism Training Centres, the Iranian Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organisation and hold classes and training courses about nature and its value.

Mr Ali Adhami, the board of directors in their website says: "We guarantee well- equipped, selectively catered, safe and eco- friendly trips."

On 10 August 2007, I took my mother and her friend on EcoTour’s one day trekking trip to Kondelus Village. Unfortunately the company hired a mini-bus driver who was not familiar with the road to Chaloos that has a series of dangerous winding sections and tunnels. As a result, the bus driver hit the wall of Tunnel No 6. As a result of the resulting huge impact, my mother fell over and was badly injured, she suffered shock of accident and injuries to her foot.

My mother needed financial assistance for medical treatment, but Ecotours told us they would pay nothing towards the cost as all the expenses would be paid for by the driver’s Third Party Insurance. This contradicts what Ecotours have told passengers that whoever travels with them is insured for 1,000,000 tomans for hospital, doctors’ expenses. I feel that they contradict themselves because they try to escape from their responsibility toward my mother and myself and other passengers.

http://www.ephotozine.com/u30254/gallery/677970
http://www.ephotozine.com/u30254/gallery/679387
http://www.ephotozine.com/u30254/gallery/680741
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Re: What is your opinion about Iranian Ecotour Activity?

Kombizz..

No reflection on you or your mother (sorry to hear about her injury and I hope she quickly recovers), but with the geo-polotical situation being what it is in that part of the world, I would never consider a trip to Iran. I've heard it's beautiful and there is much history, but for most of us, it is just too dangerous.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2007, 01:43 AM

Hi Kombizz,

I think we're used to a certain degree of safety when we use western travel because the companies are held accountable under business laws. I'm not sure of the relevant laws in Iran, but perhaps there is some department that you contact over there - perhaps even the consulate or something similar. Where do you live now ? If you live in the US (example), you could contact the US embassey and they may be able to point you in the right direction to compensate your medical expenses.

I do hope your Mum is getting over her traumatic experience and that she recovers quickly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-20-2007, 02:24 AM

Sorry to hear about your mother's injuries, hope you manage to resolve the problems with claiming compensation.

I spent some time in Iran in the 1970s, and found the land beautiful and the people friendly and welcoming.

However things have changed somewhat since then, and with the current regime, and the general political condition in the Gulf, as a British citizen, I would no more consider visiting there than I would consider putting my arm in the way of a chain saw.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 AM

Thank you Swampy with your kind words about my poor injured mother.
Unfortunately so far 12 days has past from that horrible accident and nobody including the directors of EcoTour Company (Dr Houman Jowkar, Dr Houshang Ziaie, Dr Bijan Farhang Darreh-shouri, Mr Ali Adhami) , and tour leaders (Mr Mohamad Manzarnejad, Mrs Azadeh Jouhari, Mr Ali Islam) has called my injured mother to find out how she is, i.e. is she alive or dead !

I wonder what Iran-Ecotour's response would be if my mother had been a foreign tourist travelling with them? Do you think it would be different?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 AM

Thank you Gary for your response.
Unfortunately the Iran-EcoTour which try to claim they care about Nature Conservation and so on, so far they have NOT contacted my poor injured mother about her well being.

Dr Houshang Ziaie is one of the directors of EcoTour-Iran who is more interested in saving the Iranian cheetah while ignore the plead of an injured traumatized old lady who suppose to be my mother !!!!!
When conservation of the ( http://cheetah.irandoe.org/news/index.html )Asiatic Cheetah is far important than saving the life of an old lady who was injured by the Ecotour's one day trip.

PLEASE do NOT trust these so called International Nature Conservation who are bunch of crooked people.

I wonder what Iran-Ecotour's response would be if my mother had been a foreign tourist travelling with them? Do you think it would be different?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon