RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hi all, newbie here - Introduction

Old 11-30-2007, 09:17 PM

Smile Hi all, newbie here - Introduction

Hello,

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Lori and I am very new to the photo editing word. My husband is starting out as a photographer and I starting playing around with some of his photos and figured out how much fun it can be so now I'm addicted.

The problem is, I have some of the work I've been doing on his website and someone commented today that is was the worst photo editing he ever seen. I know I shouldn't take it personally, but it has been eating away at me all day and now decided I will use this to motivate myself to continue to learn and improve my skills in Photoshop.

I'm not really sure where to start so if anyone has any tips for me, maybe where I should post questions and/or could get some feedback or suggestions as far as where I need to improve, I would greatly appreciate it.

I hope to get to know you all and look forward to seeing other's work and learning lots of new things!!!

Lori
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Patron

Re: Hi all, newbie here - Introduction

Lori, welcome to RP!
Sometimes the difference between a very nice result and a very awful looking results is only a 1/4" difference in the shift of a slider or a calibrated monitor. Sometimes it is only a subjective opinion. I wouldn't take it too personally. Why don't you post the original image and get some examples of how other members would edit it. Or post your edited version for some constructive feedback.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2007, 09:46 PM

Hi Murray,

I really appreciate your response to my post. I'm not quite sure yet where I can post my images for others to look at and comment on. If you or someone could lead me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you,
Lori
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 PM

lori, welcome. I've found this site very resourceful. just state specific questions and they will get answered.

oh,for attaching photos just scroll down to "manage attachments", there you can upload your samples for everyone to see.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Patron

Lori, to attach images to existing threads, use the Reply but not the Quick Reply. Beneath the box where you entered you text there is a button Manage Attachments. Just click it and when a dialog comes up, click the browse button and point it to where your image is stored. Then click upload and close the box after you recv confirmation that your image has uploaded (you will see file name and size). You can attached up to 5 images which are 100KB max each in size (unless you are a Patron in which case the size limit is 200KB). As a general rule if you size your image to approx 5 x 7 @ 72ppi and save at the highest possible jpg setting (usually 7 or 8) you should be able to make it under the 100KB limit while still maintaining good image quality.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon