Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New professional from Baltimore, MD

Old 12-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Exclamation New professional from Baltimore, MD

Hello All,
I just joined and wanted to let you all know that I may be a good resource for many of you, given my extensive background in photo retouching, design and printing. I started out using Photoshop in version 3 and have done many hundreds of photo restorations, colorizations, composites etc. over the years.
I started out as a retouching artist for an adult video distributor... not very glamorous but probably the best place to learn photoshop and use it 8-10 hours a day.
My next job was a lead designer for a large format digital print shop. I worked there for 5 years designing, retouching and compositing just about anything you can think of.

Around the same time I landed the design job I started printing my own photos for PPA competitions and that endeavor turned into a fine art reproduction business that services over 300 artists. That's what I do full time now. Although I do not do as much photo restoration as I used to, I am always glad to give advice or allow other digital artists pick my brain to solve problems.

I look forward to speaking with you all. I'm hoping to find other good retouch artists in the Baltimore, MD area.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Re: New professional from Baltimore, MD

I'm not a professional but soon to be graduate and interested in the retouching field. I'm from the Annapolis area. I would certainly be interested in your advice and insight on the business.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon