RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

It's that time of year

Old 04-12-2002, 08:09 PM

David, Take care of that knee! Good luck and I hope it heals up real quick. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 09:29 PM

Ed, I'm feeling like I should be out in the yard, but have way to many projects inside the house (most involve the computer!). But, the weather here has been fantastic the past few days, so I'm at least getting out and getting some hikes in. Of course, that means I have to walk by the front garden bed everytime I go out and I just cringe looking at it. Luckily I live a little ways out of town, so don't need to keep the yard looking too tidy or risk being thrown out of the neighborhood! Usually this would be the perfect time to pull out the grass that's in the garden because it's usually moist from melting snow, but we're way below normal for snow/rain fall this year. They're saying it's as dry now as it usually is in July. This is really bad news for the upcoming fire season! Guess that means I have to get out and at least make sure there's "defensible space" around our house!

David, Sorry to hear about your surgery. Bummer time of the year to have it done, huh? Are you the "motivated type" to push the envelope on a speedy recovery?

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 10:30 PM

Hey David, I know what you're feeling having had knee surgery myself last September. Hope all goes well, mine has been improving week by week and I'm glad I had the surgery. Hope you can say the same in a couple of months. Hang in there and know we are all thinking of you.
Sandra
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 12:48 AM

Pollen season...Oh Joy!!! I'm with Chris...give me a tall, cold drink, a rocking chair and just call me a lounge lizard.

David- uagsdjfg kjag dfja gk k ak jklll !! (He'll understand)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 03:32 PM

Tom - Thanks! I'm already noticing some improvements.

Jeanie - yeah, around this time I usally go on long bike rides in the huge river valley in Edmonton. this has been going on for about 4 and a 1/2 months now, so I'm definitely going to be pushing it as much as i can for recovery time.

Sandra - thanks, nice to hear from somebody whos had the same kind of thing! what kind of knee surgery did you have? (mine was to go in and remove a quite large cyst in the bone at the top of my left knee)

Greg - heheh got that, thanks

- David :
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 03:38 PM

Hi David,

Just wanted to add my get well wishes to the others...I know you will bounce back quickly.

Sharon
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 10:38 PM

thanks sharon! and everybody else too. I really appreciate all the support

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2002, 11:19 PM

Hi David,
I had quite an extensive operation, they had to take the kneecap(it was way out of position)clean out all the bone fragments from the joint because the kneecap was breaking up because it wasn't in the right place. Then they had to chisle some of the bone out from the join and put the kneecap back in the right place.Then put a few screws in to keep it all together. I was off it for around 6 weeks and in a brace for 3 months but it's much better now I' getting around better than I did before.
Sorry everybody for the gory description but David did ask.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2002, 12:11 AM

yikes thats a major operation! for a big surgery like that, that's impressive that you've recovered so fast. good to hear its better now

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2002, 01:21 AM

I fertilized the grass in the front last weekend -- big mistake!! Now it's starting to grow. That means I either have to start mowing again, or teach one of my four-footed companions to pull the mower. (Since they refuse to allow themselves to be listed as a tax deduction on my yearly return, it seems they could do some labor in return for their lavish lifestyle).

Ed, when I saw the thread title, I figured you were talking about taxes (which I just got done Friday). But given a choice between hard labor and doing taxes, I'd ... sit down with a cold soft drink and surf the net for a few hours looking for a third choice.

David - Sorry about your pain, and hope you feel better fast. I'm glad that your interests include retouching and related endeavors that don't require great use of your wounded knee -- you'll have a great portfolio ready by the time you're back on your feet fulltime.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon