RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

It's that time of year

Old 04-15-2002, 11:38 PM

well I *thought* it was finally turning into spring here, but it turns out I was completely wrong. last night the snow was almost completely melted away and gone. today I woke up to find about a foot of snow covering everything! I'm not sure whats going on with our weather, but I was told by somebody that we're stuck in a pocket of arctic air out here

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 08:44 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
We had some spring like weather, then it snowed two weeks ago. We didn't get a whole lot, but maybe an inch or two (it didn't last long). Yesterday it was 90 degrees! The sun was too hot to be in when doing anything physically challenging. There's no telling what tomorrow will bring. Yes, it's that time of year!

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 09:38 AM

I'll take it David. Send that nice cold weather down here. Usually by the time it arrives it tempered off to a perfect 60 degrees. That hot weather is creeping up just a bit too fast down here.

Funny, isn't it? Just a matter of perspective. You guys are looking for the warmth and I'm looking to keep cool.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I'll take it David. Send that nice cold weather down here.
sounds good DJ, as long as you send some of your warm weather this way!

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 04:51 PM

95 degrees at 75% humidity, sure thing, you got it. How about a good hurricane to make it really feel tropical to you?
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 05:52 PM

95 degrees at this time of year? around here people run to get their summer clothes on if it goes over 40!

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 06:18 PM

We had our first 100 degree day the other day, but then a windy cold front came in -- right now it's only 79 degrees. David, that kind of weather would probably help you recuperate -- don't know about the 100+ that will be back soon, and for the rest of the summer.

I bought a new lawn mower Sunday -- so I guess I should try it out EARLY tomorrow a.m., before the heat returns.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 07:39 PM

It's interesting hearing what this time of year means to members from different areas. We need to hear from some of our members in Austrailia and South Africa since they will be making plans for the coming winter. Now that seems so weird to me.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 08:22 PM

We're into our Autumn, your Fall, and so far it's been pretty good. We are still able to wear shorts and t-shirts. In the coming months winter will be here, where I am we don't get snow, it just doesn't get that cold. In fact I've never even seen snow, I know that would sound weird to you but it's the truth. Our winters don't usually get much colder than about 10-12deg C in my area. We do get snow in Astralia but only in the south on the mountains. And sometimes a freak snow fall in other areas but not regular snow as you know it, not more than a dusting of snow except as I said in the mountains.
Our winters would be considered quite mild to those in the USA and Europe but it's still too cold for me I like to be warm. I love summer, most Aussies do.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2002, 08:58 PM

Finally, winter seems to have hit the road. Good RIDDANCE, I say (and none too soon)!

Today I plowed about a quarter of the garden and mowed part of the "back 40" as they say. Actually, the whole thing is only about an acre, but it feels like more with a walk behind plow and a push mower...

If I'm still alive and able to move in the morning (I am sooooo sore and soooooo burnt) I'll plant the first of the veggies, mow more of the yard and possibly plow more of the garden.

Gawd, I love Spring!!

Jak
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon