RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

It's that time of year

Old 04-12-2002, 12:24 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
It's that time of year

What do you have going on this time of year? So many things to do around the house. Yesterday I spent 12 1/2 hours of labor intensive work on putting a new brick walkway in front and around the side of the house. I was so tired that I didn't even get online yesterday except very early in the morning. There's at least that much more to go. Then there's the garden to get ready. This morning I spent about 1 1/2 hours working on it, then it started to rain. Then there's an unlimited number of other things that need attention. So if you don't hear from me for a day or two, chances are I'm just tired. What do you have going on?

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 02:09 PM

We're coming into summer months which means most of the outside stuff should have been done in the cooler months. There are still things to do though.
Hey, don't kill yourself Ed. You still want to be around to enjoy the fruits in the fall.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 03:12 PM

Ed, I must protest at this type of posting. Just reading the opening sentences brought on acute nausea. Intensive work, brick walkway, gardening ! You can't go putting this type of stuff on the site without warning, spare a thought for us lounge lizards !
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 04:49 PM

My sincere apologies Chris!

Deb,
The cooler months? Like 95 degrees or so? Don't worry about me -- I thrive on that type of work .

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 04:55 PM

Ed, you inspired me to begin some summer projects and I suggested to the Wife that she get right on them. The temperature here went from "zero to boil" in about 6 seconds....Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 05:28 PM

Tom, you do like to live dangerously!

Ed, we have been known to get frost on the pumpkin upon occasion but as soon as we take them out of the freezer it seems to melt. I dread those days of 95 coming fast. The only way you can survive here is to do a little work and jump in the pool, do a little more work and jump in the pool. Making sure that the pool time is at least 4 times the length of the work time of course.

Hurricane season starts in about 6 more weeks. That means memorizing what you own so you can recognize it in a heap several blocks away after the storm. We've been playing Russian Roulette for the last 20 years not owning shutters. Sure hope our luck holds out a few more seasons.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 05:30 PM

Normally I'd be outside doing yard work at this time of year but winter went on for a reallly long time and the snow is only starting to go away now. also I couldn't really do it anyways because I'm recovering from my knee surgery i had yesterday, so i've been basically just lying around, taking lots of pain medications and sitting at my computer. At least I'll have lots of time to do retouch pro challenges and things like that now.

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 06:59 PM

I heard that Tom's wife just bought a big insurance policy on him because of his upcoming *accident*.

Deb, you can send the pool up my way, but please keep the hurricanes away!

David,
Sorry to hear that you're laid up for a while. Hope everything goes well for you.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 07:19 PM

David,
So sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope the pain goes away fast so you can concentrate on all these challenges you plan on doing while having to stay off your feet. Well, at least you have us to cheer you up.

Ed,
If you get the pool you get the high winds and rain too.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-12-2002, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you're laid up for a while. Hope everything goes well for you
Quote:
So sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope the pain goes away fast so you can concentrate on all these challenges you plan on doing while having to stay off your feet. Well, at least you have us to cheer you up
Thanks Ed and DJ! yep these forums are a great place to get my mind off things and get cheered up.

- David
(P.S. sorry if my posts in the next couple days don't make any sense because i'm on lots of codeine and tylenol and I'm kind of incoherent lots of the time lately )
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon