RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

G'day from New Zealand

Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 PM

G'day from New Zealand

It's mid summer, hot as, but gives me time to work on and collate around 3-4000 photos taken around this country while we did a 2 year tour. Hoping I can pick up a few tips from this sites forums to make it a little easier. Looks good
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 PM

Re: G'day from New Zealand

Welcome, darc. Hope you're enjoying the weather. It's chilly and rainy where I live.

With so many images to work through I hope you will be able to leverage some sort of automation functionality. What programs do you have to work with?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-27-2008, 01:34 AM

Hi there Danny, thanks for the welcome. Weather wise, well, what goes around comes around, so won't be long and you'll be basking i n it and we'll be shivering here. At the present time, we are planning a trip over your way around mid September, to Hudson. Would like to get to see the falls up on the border and do a Rockies train trip. But, back to the point. I use a Canon S3IS and process using Photoshop CS2, trying not to over-do it too much. As I find that people really don't want to sit for more than a few minutes looking at images, I want to put them onto disc or memory card, to play as a background on an electronic slideshow viewer, or the TV. Don't get the idea that I know it all though. I spend hours trolling through these sites trying to learn the right ways. BUT, the images of the reflective lakes, the volcanic mountains and the snowcapped alps from around this beautiful country make it worthwhile. And it's one way of spending the winter
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 PM

Hi there darc from another Kiwi! A two year tour is about right for fossicking out information and clever trick in these forums, there's HEAPS .. welcome
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darc View Post
Hi there Danny, thanks for the welcome. Weather wise, well, what goes around comes around, so won't be long and you'll be basking i n it and we'll be shivering here.

At the present time, we are planning a trip over your way around mid September, to Hudson. Would like to get to see the falls up on the border and do a Rockies train trip.

But, back to the point. I use a Canon S3IS and process using Photoshop CS2, trying not to over-do it too much. As I find that people really don't want to sit for more than a few minutes looking at images, I want to put them onto disc or memory card, to play as a background on an electronic slideshow viewer, or the TV.

Don't get the idea that I know it all though. I spend hours trolling through these sites trying to learn the right ways. BUT, the images of the reflective lakes, the volcanic mountains and the snowcapped alps from around this beautiful country make it worthwhile. And it's one way of spending the winter
You're right...the weather is starting to turn. Actually I have seen sunshine 3 of past 7 days (up from 1-for-7), so we're headed in the right direction.

On your Niagra Falls and Rocky Mountain train trip (and points of interest between these locations) you will have many, many great photo opportunities.

In the mean time enjoy shooting pix and learning more about this wonderful hobby.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon