Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Big Secrets - postcard therapy

Old 03-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Big Secrets - postcard therapy

I was once told by a psychiatrist while being treated for Post Traumatic Stress that all the world carries a huge secret in their hearts that they share with no other, usually it causes great shame. She said, if we could only convince ourselves to share that secret with ONE person, anybody, a bum, a clergy, a friend, stranger, whomever. if we would just let it out it would lift such a burden from our hearts and we would also find that most times our secret is so trivial to what is shared back that it is like being reborn. It took me years before thinking of it again and then one day I found a blog, completely by accident and it dealt with that exact idea. I contacted the designer of the blog and volunteered time whatever I could do. We became and remain friends via email mostly. His website has lead to the publication of two books of which he keeps a minimal part of profits for production purposes. It's Saturday I know but I am having a Sunday and I don't like Sundays or Mondays so I went to the site for some therapy. I share this with all of you who are having a Sunday. I hope you like it or can pass it on to someone who does.
I guess I should add this. Some of the images can be a little erotic or disturbing. The premise is to send in your secret anonymously in post-card form so beware if children are around but some are even appropriate for children.

Last edited by Sweetlight; 03-15-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon