RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

I got mine!

Old 04-29-2002, 09:27 PM

"I was afraid to ask cj if she still liked the interface improvement device (i haven't been thrown out of better places)... "

RonDon, there aren't any bouncers here, and I definitely want you to stay -- you are a good addition to the site.

As for the interface improvement program, it worked very well with my PShop 5.5, although I had some computer crashes after I loaded it AND one other program -- not sure which had some incompatibilities with my setup. Since my new PShop version 6 arrived, I was going to compare PS6's palette well and the interface improver - but I couldn't figure out how to make the palette well work. I read the manual, the Help file, some websites, but finally searched the newsgroups via Google (why didn't I do that earlier -- I know they usually have answers) and found what I was doing wrong. Now that I can use the palette well, I don't think I'll need the interface improver anymore -- but it really helped my PS5.5. Thanks, RonDon for the recommendation.

Now, be good or I'll get the boot out
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2002, 09:42 PM

OK
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2002, 09:58 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Lisa,

Thanks very much for the link. It looks like they have a lot to offer. We'll probably be seeing a lot of new tutorials popping up all over the place. Thanks again.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 04:54 AM

Re: I got mine!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed_L
I guess you figured out what it was that I got. Going from 5.02 to 7.0 is quite a difference. Now I have to learn a lot of brand new things. I've only used it for about 1/2 hour, just to try some of the goodies. I think the file browser is great, and the healing brush and patch tool are something to behold! I did have a problem at first trying to browse in the file browser. When I would click on the + sign next to Desktop, I received the message that Photoshop could not complete the request due to a program error. I'm not even sure why I did this, but I switched users on XP, tried again, and everything was fine. I still can't browse the files under my account. Weird!! Just thought I'd let you know in case you have the same problem.

Ed
PSP has had all the photo tools and scratch tool and auto this and that for 3 yrs in PSP7. Although I love PS, Painter, I still use PSP for most work, not for it's brushes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2002, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rondon
CJ you mention "all those pallets" in the way... I found this little jewel out there somewhere... and just like it says you get used to it fast...

http://www.interfaceimprovement.com/photoshop.html

It makes all of the open pallets slide just out of site (you can see the edge so can tell where you left them).

you can download it as a demo... fully funtional .. forever I guess... but each day the nag screen stays on a bit longer... think it's just 17.00 anyhow...

If you try it give it a little time... and whenever it seems to be annoying you wherever you are working... remember to just hit the "tab" button as usual..

RonDon

Got it, thanks for the tip, just what I needed. Greg

ps.. I was fortunate enough to get the beta test version from a sister who received it.. but doesn't do photos... I like it just fine...

I like the "browse" feature .. always kept "paintshop" on the pc just so that I could find things ... move them around etc..
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2002, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Nelson
I just keep one finger on the tab key. Clears everything up real quick
And SHIFT/TAB gets rid of everything but the tools palette, in case you prefer that method.

Or...see attached.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg palettes.jpg (18.9 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2002, 09:12 AM

what annoys me about the healing brush

Does it bug anyone that you can't toggle brush sizes by the <> keys for the healing brush but you can for every other brush? It drives me nuts!

The hardest thing I found switching from 5.5 to 6.0 was the text tool changes. As a web designer, I use text quite often, and this took a lot of getting used to.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2002, 12:00 PM

Talking Re: what annoys me about the healing brush

Quote:
Originally posted by chiquitita
Does it bug anyone that you can't toggle brush sizes by the <> keys for the healing brush but you can for every other brush? It drives me nuts!
Try the "[" and "]" keys. They work! Sanity restored!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2002, 12:35 PM

Still using v6.02.. I decided to upgrade on even numbers on PS and odd numbers on Illustrator :-)

Healing brush sounds very useful to me..Think I'll download a demo someday soon to see it in action..

As for the file browser/palette discussion..
I added a cheap secondhand 19" screen next to my 21" screen.
The 21" shows only the menu bar and status bar, all palets are on the 19"screen. This uses about half the screen size, so in the other half I ususlly keep windows explorer/mac finder open.

Cheaper than an upgrade, but alas no healing brush... is it really worth it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2002, 01:45 PM

Adobe's Inconsistencies

Well that just makes me crazy! What is Adobe doing switching stuff around? Now I have to think!

I don't know how many people use illustrator for anything, but what drives me nuts there is that you can't type and sample of text and toggle through the fonts. You can do it PS but not in Illustrator. Adobe needs to be consistant!

Thank you for pointing that out, though, because I thought I was loosing it. Sometimes the <> keys would work on everything but the healing brush and sometimes they wouldn't. In 6.0 they always worked on the brushes. Grrrr.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon