Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Another newbie from Tennessee

Old 04-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Another newbie from Tennessee

Hey Ya'll ........... glad I found you. I have visited several forums over the past year or so, but think that this one may be the best for what I am trying to achieve.

First of all, I live near Nashville, commute there 5 days a week @100 miles roundtrip. I live with my husband and four dogs on the family farm I grew up on. My parents, brother and sister all have houses here on the farm as well. The daily commute is tiring and expensive, but worth it to spend time with my siblings, and our parents while they are still with us. Not to mention, it is a beautiful place to live.

Now, in my "spare" time I have been planning a part time home based business offering vintage art reproduction (Giclees), photo retouch, restorations, art effects, etc, etc. I am getting close to launching my business and website, but not quite yet. I have been using PhotoShop Elements for the last year and a half and have learned a lot, but still have MUCH more to learn.

I have just purchased my new printer - an Epson Stylus Pro 9880 - perhaps a little over zealous for a newbie, and I must admit it is a little intimidating. If anyone out there has one of these machines please let me know if you have any advice, warnings, etc. you might be willing to share. In my limited time to work on this I have not had the opportunity to do much with it. I am hoping to get some good tips from this website.

Sorry to ramble, but I promise to make my next post a little less lengthy.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Re: Another newbie from Tennessee

Hi Rhonda:

We're glad you joined us. Welcome! Sounds like you live in a wonderful place surrounded by loved ones, which is pretty neat. Sorry 'bout the Tigers in the NCAA Finals, but how 'bout those Lady Vols!

Congrats on your budding business. Look fwd to seeing the website. Consider posting a link here at RP before the official launch to get final tweak feedback from RP members.

See you on the forums.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Re: Another newbie from Tennessee

Thanks so much for your kind welcome. I have found lots of resource links here for my new business that will definitely come in handy. I will most definitely post my website link before launching it - and suspect from the critiques I have seen here so far - that I will be going back to the drawing board several times. LOL!

Thanks again, Danny.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon