Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

How Has RetouchPRO Helped You?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Red face How Has RetouchPRO Helped You?

As a professional retoucher and website designer, i often would go days wishing i could find a book that i could learn something new from. I had no place to go to get good advice when ever i was faced with a retouch challenge. I had found other forums, but they were mainly full of newbees. So i was more giving advice then getting. THEN I FOUND THIS MAGICAL PLACE. Called other blogs and websites had me searching endlessly for answer, to my questions. I felt like i was Dorothy in Oz, trying to find my way home. I finally found home.

Feal free to post how RetouchPRo has helped you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Re: How Has RetouchPRO Helped You?

Actually, I signed up years ago because Katrin Eismann said to but I never dug into the site. I just clicked on the pictures at the top and then off again. About 6 weeks ago I started digging and found out there was a lot more beneath the surface.
Like Matthew I was wanting to learn more but all the books and tutorials seem to be regurgitating the same material. My progress had become stagnant for years. Since coming here I've starting improving and learning again. Even images I worked on 3 week ago don't cut the mustard and I feel I need to redo it again.
I come from a photographic background, manipulating my own images, but have decided I want to do retouching professionally for other photographers. I am hopeful that this site will help me realize that goal.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Re: How Has RetouchPRO Helped You?

Same as JD spears. I read the book of Katrin Eismann 2nd Edition. She suggested in the book.

I'm learning daily even I do not post or ask. only searching and reading are enough for me. I'm a retoucher and working with some photographers by freelance. I do not have enough time so I rarely participate in challenge area. But I try daily to stay with It's a very good community to know the possibility we can do in an image.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon