Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Your website

View Poll Results: Do you have a website?
Yes, my URL is in my profile 32 49.23%
Yes, but it's a secret 17 26.15%
No, but I should 7 10.77%
No, don't have one, don't want one 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2002, 02:56 PM

I've been working on a website for a couple of weeks now, and it is almost ready to publish. I'm using websites by verisign, and it's not too hard to set up, but there are limitations. They offer reasonably priced build-your-own site packages. I'm hoping it will generate business - it should be interesting to find out. My website should be live next week at:

As an aside..there are a couple of Retouch Pro images I've restored that I would like to use in my gallery of samples. Do I need to ask permission from those who submitted the photos to display them?

(I also have another site on-line - not related to
It's a guide for Americans planning to move to the UK. I co-wrote it with two women I met while living in England for a year. I did the design, took the photographs for the book, and created the interactive CD. It's been on the web for about a year. Take a peek!)

Barbara Kessling/
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2002, 04:49 PM
You do not need permission, though its always nice to ask. And, of course, we'd appreciate a link (and don't forget to list your site in our links database)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2002, 08:31 PM
My website is non-business:non-professional (obvious)
At my age it's a hobby and it keeps me involved with learning.
I meet a lot of nice folks and have fun with interacting in a few forums....
I'm not html savvy at all.
Built this site using homestead Site Builder
More of ego thing as something I accomplished I guess.
Site gets hardly any traffic .
tom c
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Yes, I have a website, and it's listed in my profile.

So far I have used it only to share high school reunion pictures with others.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2005, 10:29 AM
I don't have it listed because I didn't think it would be appropriate for a photo-retouching forum. It's a little site I threw together and forgot about 5 years ago. It's nothing special but it's all about a special little person.

It's just me noodling around with web site creation.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Red face My Website

I have a website and it is mentioned in my profile. It started when I needed a place to post my avatar for a forum (it needed to be linked to an outside source) I chose Geocities which is a free webhosting site of Yahoo, then after learning how to make a site template with Fireworks and Dreamweaver decided to create a site in that space, I do not consider it completed as have to finish the Spanish version, add links and more images. I consider it my pet project.
I added a new site at another webhosting service (free too)

If you care visiting it please be kind in your appraisal

Regards - Martha

Last edited by Marthig; 10-08-2005 at 06:32 PM. Reason: updating website
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 PM
i voted yes, but it's a secret also, but mostly because i havent done anything with it for a year or so. it's only one page and just a few pics up. it's also borrowed space from a friend so i dont like to put a lot there and use up his bandwidth. i also use it for remote linking pics to other sites.

the url is:

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2005, 01:52 PM
My site isn't as much restoration related but there are quite a few images up there. It is a mixture of code I have learned and some free software.

I am always messing around with it. A better hobby than sitting in the pub that's for sure!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2005, 08:15 PM
yes, i have a website, but it's competely secret, and noone ever will know about it, 'cause i don't think anyone ever reads my posts till the end, not to mention all the way down to the signature ... :whisteling:

oh, btw, no need to click the link, it's not a retouch/restore related website... and even though i try to update here and there, most of the contents is just olddddd... i'm lazy to get the old crap off, not to talk about adding new crap

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2005, 10:33 PM

hehe, i hear ya i also bookmarked your site in my 'galleries' bookmarks.

it's an odd thing to me... well, sort of odd, that you (you, as in anyone) post a piece and you'll get 40 views but no one will comment. i ran into this a ways back on another site. i'd post something, come back the next day expecting comments and get nothing, yet 50 folks had viewed whatever it was i had posted.

on the other hand, i dont respond to every post i read or every image i look at either, so, there ya go.

but one can get the feeling that no one sees you and carried even further, that you must not exist because no one sees you or communicates to you, and that therefore you're not there. that may sound extreme, but it happens.

at any rate, i've seen your work. i like it. i just recently saw your piece in the mini-challenges area, the wine and roses piece, and liked it a lot. it's how i was thinking that piece shld be...i might have added a candle, but the lighting was already there. but, yours was good, so, i didnt do my own

if a picture equals a thousand words, then we're talking a communication here. something is being said. the trick is getting anyone to listen and respond

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon