RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Your website

View Poll Results: Do you have a website?
Yes, my URL is in my profile 32 49.23%
Yes, but it's a secret 17 26.15%
No, but I should 7 10.77%
No, don't have one, don't want one 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2005, 06:13 PM

hey Craig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
...i also bookmarked your site in my 'galleries' bookmarks.
wow! thanks a lot, i'm honoured... i never expected anyone bookmarking my site, except of maybe those of my friends that have firm enough nerves

Quote:
it's an odd thing to me... well, sort of odd, that you (you, as in anyone) post a piece and you'll get 40 views but no one will comment. i ran into this a ways back on another site. i'd post something, come back the next day expecting comments and get nothing, yet 50 folks had viewed whatever it was i had posted.
i meant it more like that all i write are just babbles, that's why noone reads them
about the replies - i guess that many people don't wanna "just reply" w/o posting any creation of theirs, not to get away from the graphics-orientation of threads... and of course, often people are like "there's so many of us, why should i be the one to respond?"...

Quote:
at any rate, i've seen your work. i like it. i just recently saw your piece in the mini-challenges area, the wine and roses piece, and liked it a lot. it's how i was thinking that piece shld be...i might have added a candle, but the lighting was already there. but, yours was good, so, i didnt do my own
thanks alot, buddy!

and for the wine and roses piece, feel free to take it and modify it, if you like the style of it... it's not that that has to be the final product

Quote:
if a picture equals a thousand words, then we're talking a communication here. something is being said. the trick is getting anyone to listen and respond
well said

Josef
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2005, 07:52 PM

I did the Yahoo/GeoCity thing too!

In fact twice... all linked together (for the space)

http://www.geocities.com/fatoletrucker/

a mixed bag there... all Family photos I've restored or cleaned up. some nearing 100 years old.. some later day morphed photos mostly of kids.. to view those click on "Sanford Folks",

Other than that my ISP allows me a site that I built pages on several times but so far nothing that's brought in a dime. Building them was interesting enough though.
Below is one of the morphed pix,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowl.jpg (97.6 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2005, 04:39 AM

Hi Rondon !

How interesting imagination ! Nice sense of humour ! I enjoyed visiting your site

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2005, 07:38 AM

Thanks Martha !

I enjoyed yours also.. so a jet fast computer eh? I built mine last fall and know what you mean about the increased speed.
I named mine "Big Blue" as it has a huge blue case and IBM used to be called that on the stock exchange (i think).
bye
RonDon
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2005, 09:29 PM

I've maintain websites all over the place.... Just kidding..

I have three sites. One is my personal web space for posting family pics and QuickTime Slide shows of reunions, birthdays etc. I maintain webspace for our Highlands Seminole Club (Florida State University Alumni), and a sadly neglected business site with an old portfolio of graphic designs that I have done through the years.

All are accessable through the portal address:
http://www.deedeespage.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2005, 12:03 PM

I have my url included in my profile and sig (promo tramp, I am ), but I won't be doing any in-depth PR work announcing the site until November.

Tony
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2005, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondon
I enjoyed yours also.. so a jet fast computer eh? I built mine last fall and know what you mean about the increased speed.
I named mine "Big Blue" as it has a huge blue case and IBM used to be called that on the stock exchange (i think). bye RonDon
Hi RonDon !
I am sorry I forgot to subscribe to this thread and didn't see your reply to my post
Most kind of you to take time to visit my site and have the priviledge of meeting "My Jet", as to Big Blue I am not sure either but IBM is commonly referred to as BigBlue.

BTW I set up more or less the same site but in another webhosting co (free also of course ) only changes are the template, the new one is made in PhotoShop and it was extremely easy to work and export to Dreamweaver. I was prepared to struggle but determined to learn but, no struggling and did learn some more Also added some more stuff and a photo album of sorts For when you are bored THIS is the new address.

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2005, 07:29 AM

How timely! I just uploaded a site this past weekend for my business. You can find me at www.wesmoredigital.ca. Any comments are welcome.

As far as the poll goes, yes, I have my URL in my profile.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Hi Smileyguy !

Lovely baby in your main page ! The site itself has a very neat outlay and is easy to navigate.
Only one comment, I noticed it is made with a CSS template and in my browser IE6 SP2(1024x768) monitor 15" the pages align at the end (bottom) of the navigation buttons.
I had a go at a css template in DW 8 and had that issue too, finally by trial and many errors discovered that my problem was the size % assigned to the main space and that of the navigation buttons. Hope this makes sense. But then the problem might be that the template is designed for larger monitors ?

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-09-2005, 09:02 PM

Wow! Thanks for your kind words and the bit of advice about the alignment. I will check into that.

In all honesty, I did use a template-based web design app called "rapidweaver" for macs. It works like a charm, is easy to navigate, set up, publish, change etc. etc. BUT... it doesn't present the same way in IE as it does in all the other browsers. Go figure. My hope for this website was to get something that looked decent and had all the information that I wanted to present so that I could go ahead and publicize my business via email and print ads. While this itteration is up and running I will be learning either html or one of the more advanced web design apps in order to get a website that is more "mine" than a template-based one.

Thanks again for checking it out.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon