Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

PAYPAL hints/tips: The good, the bad & the ugly

Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Re: PAYPAL hints/tips: The good, the bad & the ugl

Thanks for the confirmation and clarification Doug. This helps me quite a bit.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM

Thanks Doug,

I'm very happy to listen you. I'm in freelance retouhing and still stable bcoz of PAYPAL. All other methods of payment is good but lenghty, they all takes time (5-7 days or maybe 7-14 days) depends on thier policies and methods, Also charges are high if we transact low amount. paypal takes commission but putting the money same time into our account. So it is too fast. Also it takes charges on % basis so If we transact low amount then we need to pay low commission and if we transact high amount we need to pay higher commission.

I found PAYPAL very easy and fast. I can see all the benefits but as other are getting lost of money then we need to aware for it.

1. Do you know any other option instead of paypal ?
2. Is there any high risk if we add our debit or credit card or Bank information with the paypal ?

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2008, 12:13 AM

just read through all the comments so far. Please realize that im not saying dont use them. I still use them for my transactions. There are a lot more reliable then other services. The tips are just to help save headaches.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2008, 08:16 AM

I use paypal and it is a good service and have been lucky and haven’t had any problems before but I have heard a lot of bad stories.

It is good for doing transactions over the Internet the money is transferred instantly and a lot of people already have a Paypal account and don’t want to make a new account with some obscure company they never heard of just to purchase your service they will just go to the next guy who has Paypal.

But if you are a seller you have to be carefull.. Don’t link Paypal to your main bank account..

I’ve heard of a lot of scams and bad customers who get their products and services and then file a claim and Paypal protects the buyer long before the seller so the refund the money and the seller can do nothing but lose the money especially on a service.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon