Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

What's wrong with Canada?

Old 07-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Hey, G. Couch (say it fast enough and it comes out "grouch") you should read a book called "Blue Highways" by William Least Heat Moon. Then again, maybe you shouldn't....cuz if you do you'll probably sell the SUV and the 200w stereo and the etc, and buy a dumpy old VW bus and hit the road and not know where you're going and end up who knows where. I'm tellin' ya, that book is POISON!

[Heaven help us if you end up in Dawson City, Yukon.....we may never hear from you again.]
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2002, 06:55 AM
"Ravin Mad"?

Actually, I don't think I had much say in the decision to leave. My parents went globetrotting and I had to follow. I have never actually seen northern BC up close and personal. I just have this strong feeling about it from the amazing story my parents told me about my birth there. (yes there is a story) There were only native people living there at the time until my parents (from Quebec) produced a baby there. It seems they were very welcoming and considered me one of them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Hankster65
Back in 98 (that's NINETEEN ninety eight, thank you) I decided to realize a life time ambition of becoming a total, shiftless, worthless bum, and so I bought a van with a bed and hit the road for Canada. I spent three months kicking around up in the far north, all the way to Inuvik (for the one or two people in the world who know where that's at...for the others, somewhere north of the Arctic Circle) and this is what I learned.
well your not the only one who knows where inuvik is, most canadians know by now.

- Camping on the tundra is beautuful and the solitude is incredible and the experience is worth the oppresive loneliness of knowing there ain't nobody nowhere anywhere no how. (They didn't teach me grammar in Canada.)

living within easy driving distance of mountains is one of the best things about canada. I love going out camping for a relaxing weekend!!!

- Canada DOES have four seasons....June, July, August, and Winter.

soooo true.

- Big. bustling cities can be absolutely beautiful and tranquil. (Ever been to Edmonton? GO!)

yes! come to Edmonton!! (my hometown) we have the biggest riverl valley around (maaany square miles) that goes right through the middle of the city, going for walks/bike trips through there is one of my favorite things to do, it looks beautiful, smells great etc.

- Lakes really are blue and trees really are green.

I gotta quit because writing this is making me wonder why I ever came back.

it's especially like that in the mountains, the lakes there are beautiful. and at the glaciars you can drink the most pure water around pretty much, fresh off the ice in little streams coming down, it's reeeally great tasting. You should at least come back to visit then!!

- David
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Re: What's wrong with Canada?

The only thing wrong with canada are its citizens...otherwise its a great place to live.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Re: What's wrong with Canada?

I always dream to move to Canada, i visited USA and heard about it as a dreamland long time ago, i visited New Zealand and said this is the most beautiful place in the world and i want to live there, but if i have a choice then i will choose Canada again if i want a place to move in this world. I do love Europe, but they suck more than US and Canada for us[Arabs from oil lands].
Canada is still in my list for must visit, tooooo baaaaaaad that i was planning to visit it last year and couldn't, and because of flight issues between us i think i have to cancel Canada for a while until it is flights clear-issues between us.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon