Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hello All

Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Smile Hello All

I am a newbie here. This looks to be an interesting forum. I just wanted to say hi.

I have been enjoying my Pentax K100D SLR for a little over a year now. I began using Photoshop Elements 5.0 around that time. I shot with a Pentax SLR film camera since around 1998. I am constantly trying to learn more. I shoot all RAW with the Pentax. I hope to soon purchase Lightroom 2.0. I have been waiting for it to be released.

We recently returned from a trip to Hawaii. I have a ton of photos (ton = around 900) and plan on making a nice bound book with my trip photos. I have been doing a bit of correction on some of my trip photos. For example, removing the guy that looks like he is growing out of the top of my son's head or removing the edge of my son's boogie board from the frame with my husband. Unfortunately, I was not able to carry the Pentax with me on most of the beach trips, since I did not want anyone taking my camera when it was unattended on the beach. What a bummer to have a wonderful camera and be afraid to carry it everywhere. A lot of my photos from the beach were taken with my trusty little FujiFilm FinePix F20.

I have some photos taken from the trip that are simply of flora and fauna of Hawaii. I hope to do something more artistic with them and frame them for my home.

I hope to learn from and give back to this forum. Seems like a nice group you have here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Re: Hello All

Hello and welcome Becky you have us sussed out alright we are a nice friendly helpful group and will look forward to your participation, just jump right in

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2008, 06:51 AM

Welcome Becky !
Sounds like it was a very nice trip. Good luck with all those photo's. Isn't it funny that with digital we take so many, then have to struggle to find the time to work with them. What did we do with all our time before digital ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2008, 10:55 AM

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll enjoy browsing around... BTW I have a daughter named Becky.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2008, 12:55 PM

I have to take a ton of pics of my kids. I only have two and they never seem to look at the camera at the same time. Drives me insane. I have maybe only two or three photos from the whole trip where everybody is looking in the same direction.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon