RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Sorry; political vent.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Re: Sorry; political vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage63 View Post
Perhaps you might want to read the Bloomberg Report. You might change your mind about McCain:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aSKSoiNbnQY0

Barbara
No not one bit.

The failure to pass one bill did not create the situation that we are in. But certainly the Republican philosophy of deregulation had a lot to do with it. One of the cheif architects of deregulation is Phil Gram, who was and likely still is, McCains pick for treasury secretary. (McCains campaign advisor last week refused to deny that he would be.) McCain is the same as Bush. He claims to be a maverick but votes with Bush over 90% of the time.

It's primarily the Republican's overarching dedication to deregulation and a philosophy of Reagan trick down economics that are responsible. This is John McCain. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_128496.html (Watch the video)

We need new thinking, and we need a real change in this country. I'm old enough to realize that it may not happen the way I want, but I do know what McCain stands for and his ideas are nothing new just more of the same. With him there is no chance of change, regardless of what the sign says on his podium.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 AM

I hear Jill Greenberg is a big McCain supporter
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2008, 11:36 AM

"The world we have made, as a result of the level of thinking we have done thus far, creates problems we cannot solve at the same level of thinking at which we created them." Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 PM

The George Bush lead Republican government in eight short years has increased the national debt from 4.5 trillion dollars to 9.5 trillion. That money is owed to other countries including 1.3 trillion dollars to China. Forget about paying down the principle and just worry about paying the interest on the debt to stay afloat is their financial strategy. The same people who allowed this to happen are the ones who are going to fix the mess with the mortgage crisis now. It is truly unbelievable how incompetent these people are. The very idea that any American would even consider voting for a Republican again in the next election is insane. As a Canadian watching what is happing in the States right now scares the crap out of me. I have a bad feeling that as truly bad as this situation is itís only the tip of the iceberg. Banks arenít supposed to fail. Lessons learned from the great depression were supposed to stop things like this in the banking system from ever happing again. Giving someone a mortgage when they donít have a job and canít even afford to put any money down is crazy. Are these banks being run by morons? Why didnít the government know they were doing this? How many more banks are going to fail before this over with? They say seven hundred billion dollars to fix this mess. I donít think so. Itís going to end up being just a drop in the bucket. And as usual the taxpayers are going to be the ones who get screwed. Hang all the dam politicians and start over from scratch! Just a thought.

Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Patron

I agree with you Joe. Until we put the dems and rubs in there place (i.e., get third or alternate voices at the Capital), we still are not solving the fundamental problem. I'm doing my part. But I'm just a Pe On in a sea of bewildered urine.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2008, 01:30 AM

People don't become politicians because they genuinely want to change the world. They do it because of their egos. They want power. They want attention. Well they have it now. Let's see what they do next. I'm betting instead of doing the right thing and trying to fix a very serious problem they spend their time blaming someone else for this unbelievable mess that not only the U.S is facing but the rest of the world also. It's a very scary to be putting your trust in people like this. I hope I'm wrong.

Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2008, 02:44 AM

If you take away restrictions from people who gamble, then you shouldn't be surprised if they gamble away your livelihood.

Investment is just high level gambling, it NEEDS to be regulated.

The US is not the only country that was shafted by irresponsible loans that were made on Wall Street, a great many of the debts were sold on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Patron

I Received an E-Mail today: Math Correction= (OOPS!! Only $425.00 each)Bummer!... SORRY Thanks to Hawkeye for the catch, I just get em and post em.. wonder where all those extra zeros came from... Dems or Repubs?

A U S Citizen Bailout

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a *We Deserve It Dividend*.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U. S. Citizens 18+. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.. So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425.00

My plan is to give $425 to every person 18+ as a *We Deserve It Dividend*.

<CLIPPED and corrected because of math correction and I feel stupid!>

Last edited by 0lBaldy; 09-25-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2008, 03:36 AM

0lBaldy if you figures are right it just illustrates the scale of the problems.
It's frightening! How can such highly paid people mess up so bad?

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U. S. Citizens 18+. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.. So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2008, 07:03 AM

Erg. I'm not American, but of course I'm following this current election. I am an Canadian expat .

Anyway, I agree with you.

Ayn Rand is the way I drown my sorrows....
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon