RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Sorry; political vent.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:17 PM

Re: Sorry; political vent.

Venting and expressing our opinions when done in a civil and respectful manner can be very productive IMHO.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Patron

Why I despise Demoncrats you ask? My Dad's an ardent Republican an has no shame about saying so. He had me put a sign up in our yard for McCain/Palin. This afternoon, I noticed that the sign was ripped from ground where I staked it leaving only the metal pegs that held the sign. I got my Dad another sign this afternoon and have decided that I can't let that go so I've decided (not happily so) to vote for the McCain ticket. I'm a conservative anyway, and at least half the ticket looks good (Palin that is). Just had to do some more spouting.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 06:00 PM

You're going to vote on the basis of sign being torn down? Now there's an important issue. You should be able to come up with a better reason to vote for someone than that.

BTW, did you ever consider it could have been some kids that took it? I noticed a missing street sign on my way to the mailbox. Gee... maybe it was a Republican.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Patron

Least of two evils. Anyone trespasses on my property in support of another candidate tells me that I have to make sure that candidate never reaches office. Least of two evils for sure, but at least half the ticket makes me happy. None of the other side does.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 PM

Your justification sounds just plain moronic. You don't even know who took the sign and so far the only qualification you mentioned is that you think Palin is good looking. Yes I'm sure there are packs of rabid Democrats patrolling the streets looking for McCain signs.

No wonder this counrty is in trouble.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Patron

I had two other signs for local offices that were not touched, so yes they were targeting just McCain/Palin signs. My neighbor across the street lost her's as well. So yes, there are rabid anti-McCain folk out their. Again, though I did vote for Michael Peroutka the last election, I will be voting for McCain as an Anti-Barak. You can thank those "kids" for taking me over the edge (as I said; like Palin anyway).
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 07:19 PM

You believe that some Democrat stole your father's sign, so therefore all Democrats are thieves and not worthy of your vote? Bush started a senseless war which has killed thousands and McCain wants to stay there spending 10 Billion a month for the next one hundred years. There's issues like taxes, health care, education, social security, medicare, etc. but you're basing your decision on a missing cardboard sign. Oh, and Palin's looks, almost forgot that important one.

I stand by my previous statement, no wonder this country is in trouble.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Patron

If Bush's Dad would have done the right thing in the first place, we would not have had the chaos that followed imo. I was there during the original Gulf War and was quite pi$$ed that Hussein was still in power, especially when I went through Kuwait and saw 3 homeless little girls between 5 and 11 rumaging through abandaned vehicles for food (in Demolition Ally). Hussein had to go no matter what the excuse was. He more then sponsored terrorist activity including paying families of those who were suicide bombers. His offspring were even more evil then him and they got what they deserved. To me, getting rid of Hussein was the only thing W did right. Trust me, we are all better off.

Yes, we need to send more troops to Afghanistan with the ultimate goal of removing Bin Ladin from this world. My brother (Special Forces) spent two tours already in Afghanistan training folks to defend their own land. I just don't trust a single word that Barak speaks especially being schooled by Saul Alinsky and his belief that the ends justifies the means. Barak is just not commander and chief material.

We can go on and on, but this is my last retort directed towards you except that if there were a viable third party candidate (I've done my part already voting for Ross and Michael, but not this time) I would vote for them, but Bob Bar just doesn't cut it for me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 PM

It's interesting, but Bush senior predicted the exact situation we have in Iraq right now as the reason for not going after Hussein after running him out of Kuwait. And sure enough it's been a disaster.

We were right to go after Bin Laden and should have gotten him but we ran off to Iraq instead. Of course John McCain says he knows how and will capture Bin Laden, so I suppose I shouldn't worry. Although you'd think by now he would have told someone in the Bush Administration all this, it is kind of important.

You say you don't believe that the ends justify the means, yet you justify Iraq on the basis of no WMD"s but hey he wasn't a nice guy anyway. If that's not classic, the ends justify the means, I don't know what is.

"Trust me, we are all better off." Sorry but I don't trust anyone who claims to make such an important decision on a missing cardboard sign and good looks.

Saul Alinsky died in 1972 so I doubt that he schooled Barack Obama, unless he did so when Obama was less than 11 years old.

End of retorts from both of us then. No hard feelings here, just my opinion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Hawkeye.

Obama's radical connections go back to his formative years in Hawaii. As a teenager he sat at the feet of Franklin Marshall Davis, known Communist, and visited with him just days before he left the islands for college in California. If you doubt this, read Obama's book "Dreams From My Father".

However, Obama writes in Dreams From My Father that he saw "Frank" only a few days before he left Hawaii for college, and that Davis seemed just as radical as ever. Davis called college "An advanced degree in compromise" and warned Obama not to forget his "people" and not to "start believing what they tell you about equal opportunity and the American way and all that ####." Davis also complained about foot problems, the result of "trying to force African feet into European shoes," Obama wrote.

It was in college that Obama flirted with black radical groups. Around the age of 25 he received sponsorship to Harvard by one Kahalid Abdullah Tariq al-Mansour (aka Donald Warden). Al-Mansour was a radical black Muslim with close ties to the Saudi royal family (Prince Alwaleed bin Talal the prince that Rudy Giuliani refused to accept 9/11 memorial funds from) and an outspoken opponent of Israel.

In 1985 Obama moved to Chicago to take a job as a community organizer. Why Chicago? "It was the capital of the African American community in the Country. It was the intellectual center of black nationalism, the base both for Jesse Jackson's presidential campaigns and for Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam. Moreover, on the eve of Obama's arrival, Harold Washington had overthrown Richard J. Daley's white ethnic machine to become the city's first black mayor. It was, in short, an ideal place for an identity-starved Kenyan Kansan to immerse himself in a more typical black American experience."

It was in Chicago that he met Mike Kruglik, who schooled Obama in the Saul Alinsky method of "agitation". Over his 13 years as a community organizer Obama " ...wrote about the subject. He attended organizing seminars. He served on the boards of foundations that support community organizing. He taught Alinsky's concepts and methods in workshops. When he first ran for office in 1996, he pledged to bring the spirit of community organizing to his job in the state Senate. And, after he was elected to the U.S. Senate, his wife, Michelle, told a reporter, "Barack is not a politician first and foremost. He's a community activist exploring the viability of politics to make change." Recalling her remark in 2005, Obama wrote, "I take that observation as a compliment."

Obama so mastered the workshops on power that he later taught them himself. On his campaign website, one can find a photo of Obama in a classroom teaching students Alinskian methods. He stands in front of a blackboard on which he has written, "Power Analysis" and "Relationships Built on Self Interest," an idea illustrated by a diagram of the flow of money from corporations to the mayor. (I saw this web page several months ago, but I can't find the link or it may have been taken down)

In his Chicago years he also became a protegee of Madeline Talbot, black Chicago activist who espoused "direct action", tactics used by ACORN to intimidate banks and agencies into "doing the will of the people".

She hired Obama to teach Saul Alinsky's tactics to her ACORN staff. One of the best articles on Obama and ACORN is by Stanley Kurtz

I could go on.. but when you start to connect the dots, from his early childhood through his college and young adult years, you see a pattern of association with radical individuals. I suggest you read "Dreams of My Father" and follow Obama's life-long angst about being "black", the people and radical groups that he was drawn to, and research their backgrounds as well. The main-stream-media avoids this history, but the information, photos, and documentation are out there.

There is no doubt in my mind that Obama is smart, but also artful. He knows well enough to stand clear of the "action". He's learned how to stand on the sidelines and let others do the heavy lifting while keeping his own image untarnished by the fallout. He's been guileful in not taking a stand or declaring a position on an issue until he's sure which way the political winds are blowing. If not sure at decision making time, he'll vote 'present' rather than commit himself.

Yes, he is a crafted orator (often using large paraphrased sections of someon else's speeches), He has charisma that has served him well, but his life-long attraction to black radical movements, individuals, religion and themes makes me wonder what his true core values are. He has yet to hold up one person he claims as mentor, adviser, guide, confidante or consultant that comes close to representing my views or values. (Rev. Wright, Farrakhan, Rezko, Rains, Johnson, Davis, Ayres, Talbot, ad nauseum.)

Last edited by Swampy; 10-04-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon