RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Sorry; political vent.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 PM

Re: Sorry; political vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
It was stupid. An "F" on Math.

What do you mean? I heard people talking about how great that email was and how it could solve everything.
No one did the math. Especially the author. Dumb.
Every computer has a calculator.

"Stupid" too harsh? Misinformation isn't just stupid, it's harmful- leading people to make bad decisions.
most calculators don't go that high unless you drop the zeros..it won't solve anything, the banks don't want you to pay off your home they want you to pay the interest and who ever said chain letters were accurate?..i once received a chain letter that said it was safe to drink WD-40...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM

I think it is most interesting that no one ever defends the McCain plans. They find fault with Obama and say that it won't work, or try to paint him as some kind of racist/communist/terrorist sympathizer. Even McCain is trying to frighten the American public into voting for him through character assasination, instead of defending his plans.

The Democrats balanced the budget, Democratic spending is historically less than the Republicans, the stock market historically does better under the Democrats. I'm not saying they're perfect but look at the past eight years and ask yourself, can we really afford to keep doing the same thing? BTW I'm a registered Republican.

Obama is not talking about the government administering health care, just regulating the industry. Oh, I know regulation is bad, the free market system is better. John McCain says: Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation. As if someone is now restricting the competition in health care?

Obama would increase the upper limit of SS, which would put more money into the system McCain advocates private savings accounts which only you would fund, not the employer. That takes the burden off the employer but does nothing to fix the system. Then you'll be able to watch both your SS account plus your 401K sink together when the stock markets take a nosedive.

I have no health care insurance either. I paid out of pocket for my wife's surgery with a week's stay in the hospital a couple years ago, $20000. Then the following year she had to have a gall bladder operation $8000.00. So I know about high health care costs too.

I have you beat, my car is a 1991. Sure there are abuses that go on with social prigrams and some people get it when they don't need or deserve it, but I don't know of any major corporation that needs or deserves it.

You can only speculate that Obama will give your tax money away to undeserving people, but apparently don't have a problem with the fact that McCain promises to increase the amount of your tax dollars that go to big corporations. There is something not right about that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelzombie View Post
most calculators don't go that high unless you drop the zeros..it won't solve anything, the banks don't want you to pay off your home they want you to pay the interest and who ever said chain letters were accurate?..i once received a chain letter that said it was safe to drink WD-40...
Sorry I'm still lost. What chain letter, what email? And you're the only one talking about calculators. Back up, slow down and start from the beginning, I'd like to understand what you are attempting to say.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 08:47 PM

there was a chain letter claiming that each tax payer would get X amount of dollars if the bailout had been going to the public...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelzombie View Post
there was a chain letter claiming that each tax payer would get X amount of dollars if the bailout had been going to the public...
I get it now. Yeah, they did the math all wrong and said it was $425,000 when it was only $425. I pointed out the error myself, many posts ago. Most, if not all, chain letters are either nonsense or just plain wrong. Thanks for clarifying.

WD40 ? Cheers...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM

the WD40 chain letter was boasting how many things you could do with it but drinking wasn't supposed to be on the list, i hope some gullible kids didn't get a hold of that piece of information...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Patron

I heard somewhere that if you sprayed in on arthritic joints it suppose to help "lubricate" them, but I would be too chicken to give it a try, though I do have a can of it in the storage shed when I spray the hedge trimmer before and after cutting.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
I heard somewhere that if you sprayed in on arthritic joints it suppose to help "lubricate" them, but I would be too chicken to give it a try, though I do have a can of it in the storage shed when I spray the hedge trimmer before and after cutting.
the WD stands for water displacement which is why it works great for older cars(sprayed into the distributer cap) during damp and rainy days, i don't think reducing the moisture in arthritic joints would help unless the excess fluid is the cause of the inflamation...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon