RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Sorry; political vent.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Patron

Sorry; political vent.

This just erks me and I have to vent. The demoncrats and republibrats are about to pass a $700 billion (thats with a b not m) no questions asked golden parachute for Wall Street. No one tried to help me out when I lost my job 5 years ago. No one tried to even help me save my house; my marriage either. D.C. better not pass this outrages expenditure that will only help Bush's Billionaire friends (and I'm a conservative so don't spam me).

As a side note, Morgan Stanley lost over half my 401K before I had to cash out to help pay bills (which I had to pay a penalty for to boot). These guys should just rot imo.

Sorry; just had to vent.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Patron

Re: Sorry; political vent.

Tis OK Lyle.. go ahead and vent! I feel the same way!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Patron

Glad I'm not the only one OB. I forgot to say too that no one's addressing the real issue that caused this. Both Clinton and the Repulicans are to blame imo. First Nafta and GATT, and then allowing Banks to intermingle with Investments (something that caused the Great Depression and was not allowed until Clinton and the Republicans gave them permission to engage in this practice once again). Though I tent to vote Republican, I voted a third party during the last election and am currently finding it tough to vote for McCaine. Forget OBama; way too liberal for me to even consider. Sometimes I have to just brush myself off and stare aglazed at the fiasco which is D.C. and Wall Street. Just don't get it; hope the American people don't get railroaded yet again with more stupidity.

Like him or not, ol Ross said it best; the Great Sucking Sound has finally come to fruition.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM

i hear ya, these knuckleheads invested in home mortgages to make money from the average person and now it is the average person that will end up paying for this..what a joke
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM

McCain submitted a resolution in May 2006, warning of the graft and corruption within Fannie/Freddie and foresaw the mess we are in today if Congress did not act to change things. The Democrats refused to get on board (mostly because Dodd and Obama were the two largest recipients of Fannie/Freddie PAC money.) McCain took zero dollars in F/F PAC money.

Now the Dems are trying to generate a bill with all kinds of stipulations and arguing among themselves and wanting to maintain "control" of the Banking/Finance regulations so they can keep their PAC incomes. The longer they take the more the market tanks (down another 122 points as of this writing). Bush's recommendation is that the regulatory control be given to an independent commission made up of 1 DEM, 1 REP and 1 IND. and remove control from the corrupt Congress.

The POTUS needs line item veto! Stop the pork and earmark spending. I am just tired of Ms. Palosi's claim that, "this will be the most ethical Congress, working for the people..." Look at Congress' popularity polls... Less than 15% of Americans approve of the job they are doing. Worse than Bush's polls.

Too many lawyers, too many career politicians, too much money. I'm planning to vote out every incumbent that is running in my county, state, and federal elections regardless of party affiliation.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 PM

Under the current administration there has been a growing trend to privatize profits and socialize losses.

McCain wants more tax cuts for the wealthy and big business, like Bush before him, he believes that the economy works from the top down. It does not, it works from the bottom up. No matter how many tax cuts you give to big business they will not expand or hire more employees unless there is someone to actually purchase the products. Obama proposes tax cuts for the lower and middle class.

Fact: Mccain took $169000 from the Fannie/Freddie lobbyists, officers, directors, etc. Obama $16000. From the employees of FM/FM Obama about $126000 and Mccain $24500.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...e-and-freddie/

Fact: the stock market historically does better under the Democrats: http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/21/mark...ion_demsvreps/

Fact: The Republicans usually outspend the Democrats

Personally, I'm voting out every Republican in sight. I'm from Arizona, McCain should be kept as far away from the White House as possible.

End of rant. BTW I'm a registered Republican.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg National-Debt-GDP-L.jpg (44.5 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Patron

Yeah; saw a blip on CNN on the Fannie may contributions about both McCain and Obama and what part of the workforce donated what. Still, it took both parts of Fannie may (both admin and workforce) to mess things up. I will make a decision later as soon as I do some more research on some 3rd party candidates, but I refuse to ever vote for a liberal, progressive (i.e., no ethics) Demoncrat. I will probably vote for the U.S. Constitution candidate like I did last election. I agree with you about Bush, but again, don't forget that Clinton and the Republibrats first passed both NAFTA/GATT and the current Banking/Investment fiasco that is causing the current bailout, so Both Parties need to go in my book. I just wish the American people would wake up their eyes and vote a 3rd party too. Don't think that will ever happens since both parties are in power and are literally in bed with each other (case in point; Mary Matalin and James Carville).
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2008, 01:50 AM

Perhaps you might want to read the Bloomberg Report. You might change your mind about McCain:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aSKSoiNbnQY0

Barbara
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM

I think all politicians should be CLONED out of existence!
Most are greedy & corrupt. You have to be a megalomaniac to even want to be president.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 AM

lkroll-

This addresses your concerns, and is worth checking out:
http://my.barackobama.com/econprinciples
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon