RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

K-Cup Coffee

Old 10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Janitor

K-Cup Coffee

Since caffienation and retouching is a recurring theme here, I'll just mention that I bought a K-cup coffee machine, and it's wonderful. Single-serving coffee in literally a few seconds, and you can change flavors instantly from cup to cup. And never any cleaning of the pot or machine.

It's a bit more expensive for coffee, though. The best value I've found so far is via amazon's subscription service.

My favorite flavors so far are the Newman's Own Organic Special Blend Extra Bold and the Van Houtte French Vanilla. But I have Bavarian Chocolate Cake and Pumpkin Spice on order (as well as an assorment of non-flavored, of course).

It also makes tea and cocoa, and I really like the Green Mountain cocoa.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2008, 04:38 AM

Re: K-Cup Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
Since caffienation and retouching is a recurring theme here, I'll just mention that I bought a K-cup coffee machine, and it's wonderful. Single-serving coffee in literally a few seconds, and you can change flavors instantly from cup to cup. And never any cleaning of the pot or machine.

It's a bit more expensive for coffee, though. The best value I've found so far is via amazon's subscription service.

My favorite flavors so far are the Newman's Own Organic Special Blend Extra Bold and the Van Houtte French Vanilla. But I have Bavarian Chocolate Cake and Pumpkin Spice on order (as well as an assorment of non-flavored, of course).

It also makes tea and cocoa, and I really like the Green Mountain cocoa.
Is the machine within reaching distance of the pc though ?

oh and send us a cup to try please, black with no sugar please

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Janitor

Check your PM inbox (you might need a towel)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Janitor

I can heartily recommend the Green Mountain Wild Mountain Blueberry. Blueberry coffee sounds disgusting, but it's actually quite smooth. It smells of bubbling blueberry jam, but luckily the taste is more restrained. I doubt I'll buy a full box of it, but any assortment that includes it (how I got this one) will be viewed positively.

I can't recommend the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice, however. It's quite smooth, and the spice is at first very pleasant, but it has an unfortunate finishing note that reminded me of tuna. Sadly, I did buy a full box of this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 AM

I dont think i have heard of different flavoured coffee before, tea yes, no doubt they will get over here in a few years ! ! ! !

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Janitor

In case anyone is breathlessly awaiting my final recommendations (and isn't everyone?), here are my current favorites:

Emeril's Big Easy Bold - A little stronger than I thought I'd prefer, even at the larger cup setting, but it's turned into my goto cup of coffee
Green Mountain Hazelnut Dark Roast (Extra Bold) - Far and away my favorite flavored coffee, and you can use the next-to-highest cup setting
Gloria Jean's GJ Special Blend Decaf - just a nice, smooth, interesting coffee, but it's decaf
Green Mountain Hot Cocoa - I don't know how I lived without cocoa every night, particularly when the temperature dips below freezing and I light a fire. Even though it's not blended for it, I use the largest cup setting, and it still tastes wonderful

I buy these from amazon using their subscription service. It knocks another 15% off their price, which helps me feel a little less guilty about the cost per cup compared to the Costco coffee I used to use.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon