Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

newby here!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Newbie newby here!

Hey! My name is Jess and I am a (mostly) self-taught photographer mainly interested in child/family photojournalism and nature (esp macro) using natural light. I did attend Colorado Institute of Art for three quarters and so have a lot of dark room experience, but digital is kind of new for me (I bought my first digi Rebel about 4 years ago.) I have been using Photoshop and Elements for about three years, but have just started using Elements for some more advanced stuff including digital scrapbooking that incorporates a lot of graphic art techniques and photo manipulation.

I am trying to go pro, but have a lot yet to learn. I am still using my 6 mp Rebel but want to upgrade to the Canon 40D which I think is just fine for the kind of work I do. I am also convinced I can do what I do with Elements 6 (with some help from you guys of course!) I have tons of questions and a pic or two I can share in other forums, but I wanted to say hi and introduce myself first!

I am also the mom of two kiddos -- Emma is almost 8 and Josh is 3 and had a battery removed from his nose last Thursday via emergency surgery! Boys! I am also married to an amazing guy who bought himself CS3 but thinks I'm cool with E6. Is that fair?? He doesn't even own a camera! But he's a great guy who will probably sign up here as soon as I tell him about it (he uses PS for graphic art.)

This place rocks! SO glad I found it!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Re: newby here!

Welcome aboard Jess, have a look around and enjoy your stay. Looking forward to seeing some of your work
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon