Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hello from Dixie

Old 12-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Talking Hello from Dixie

Hi everyone.

I'm new to photography and "Photoshopping" but I LOVE it.

I just bought a new camera which is my Christmas and birthday present from my family. Everyone who gave me money this year, thank you, I bought a Canon 450D.

I've had PS Elements 6 since late summer and I've had a blast working with it. I also bought Scott Kelby's "Photoshop Elements 6" book. It's great and I wouldn't be where I am today without it. I would marry Scott, if I weren't married already, didn't have four children, he wasn't married, probably has children and well you get the point. He probably doesn't like cows, living in the country with no high speed internet, etc. On second thought, it would never work Scott, sorry. I'll still buy your books.

I guess what got me interested in photography was when I went to decorate my house. We built a new house on our farm. It's BIG and gorgeous and I would never leave if I could just find someone to grocery shop and take the kids to and from school for me. I wanted to decorate with pictures that mean something to me like a field of newly rolled hay against a big blue sky, old rusty tractors in front of half rotted down barns and cows grazing on beautiful green rye grass in the middle of winter. I just couldn't find pictures like that. We don't own or even care to own a John Deere tractor (we use Ford tractors and they are blue) so that's 3/4's of all "farm" pictures I found. Then you have Thomas Kincade...sorry but I don't like those pictures either. So I decided that I would make my own art and here I am trying to make art.

I feel there are others that would also enjoy having photos of our state. They would want to decorate their homes with photos of their homestead, their old barns and tractors. That's where I want to take my photography.

Thanks for lending your ear to my ramblings. I appreciate they opportunity to post here and learn how to improve my photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Re: Hello from Dixie

Hello Mama24, welcome to RetouchPro. I hope you enjoy your visits here as much as I do. Have a look in the Photo based art section, if you haven't already. I am certain you will find lots of inspiration there...See you around
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon