RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Hello from LA (lower Alabama)

Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Hello from LA (lower Alabama)

I said hello on another post, but I thought I'd tell a bit more about myself here.
I've been running my own graphic and web design biz since '02, and recently branched out into publishing and portrait photography. I just got my first DSLR a few months ago, a Canon Xt, which I absolutely love. I was looking at the Nikons, but this worked out well, because my brother also has a Canon, so we can share lens, filters, etc.
I'm mostly self-taught on anything computer related - I started out using the Macromedia products, then switched over to Adobe about 3 years ago. I guess you could say I'm hooked, because I spend over ten hours a day on my computer, and I almost never play games - I'm always trying some new technique, or learning something new - and there is so much still out there to learn!
I'm married to my best friend, and we've got a blended family of 6 - his two, my three, and we have one together. we are most definitely NOT the Brady Bunch. We've also got 9 of the most beautiful, intelligent and talented grandchildren in the world, and I am not in the least biased. (LOL)
Besides running my own business, I help my husband with his bookkeeping and tax customers, which he has as a side business. We both enjoy working in our local Assembly church: he teaches adult Sunday School, I lead kids' worship, and we sing.
At fifty, I am enjoying the freedom that comes from being satisfied with who and what I am; I learned several years ago that I can be and do what I want, and I dont' care what anyone else thinks. I have very strong beliefs, but I respect others for what they believe in too.
My husband and I ride motorcycles (it started as a hobby and has quickly turned into an obsession) and plan on taking a cross-country trip when he retires from the post office - I'm looking forward to seeing Route 66, among other things. All my husband has to do is give me time to pick up my toothbrush and a change of clothes, and I will be ready!
so, that pretty much tells about me- any other questions, ask away! I like to talk about most any subject, and I really like meeting new people - I know there are lots of interesting folks on here, and I look forward to meeting you and learning from you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2009, 04:52 PM

Re: Hello from LA (lower Alabama)

Hi, Beth... Welcome to RetouchPro! Explore and Enjoy!

Southern Alabama is so pretty and there are so many photo ops.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Patron

Hey Beth; I'm from MA myself; lol

Good to see a few more Alabamians here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM

Hi Beth, nice to meet you. Hope we can help each other improving our skills using photoshop. Never been to Alabama but I am planning a cross-country road trip for this summer, going across all of North America.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2009, 10:50 PM

thanks, everyone for the great welcome. I can already tell it's a great place.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon