Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Fresh off the turnip truck

Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Talking Fresh off the turnip truck

Growing up, Neither TV, GI Joe and his kung Fu grip, nor blowing up plastic models wasn't cutting it anymore. I was too young to drive (evident when I drove my Pa's Firebird through the back of the garage), and Ritalin was about as effective as sucking Helium out of a party balloon. Funny voice aside, It all began with a camera found in the garbage and no clue. Experimentation abounded, pics of my eye, friends eye, the dogs butt,and various other sundry things. The trials and tribulations of a 10 year old running amok in the neighborhood with a loaded camera spawned much news.I think it was the nudist down the street who was upset the most when I snapped a pic of his rather rotund naked presence and hefty man-boobs which was the final straw. To this day I cringe at the thought of his guy mammeries and I think; what the hell was he so upset about.??? He was a Nudist! ........ or was it Pagan?? Anyway, Pops took the camera away, and I replaced his chocolates with my Grandmas Ex-Lax candies. Yes, I was a evil child. But it was a happy evil.. At 14 I stole (umm, earned) enough money to buy my own camera and learned how to use it and even took a class or 2. Happy skipping ahead, 8 years, 2 degrees,and a whole lotta bills later; after college I was hired to shoot large room settings for catalog work. All nice and fine, but kinda boring. I thought maybe I'd kick it up a notch and brought in a camel which started promptly making it with the leather settee. I was fired, but told to leave the camel. Then I started with jewelry. Hey, easy right?? Naw, assistant stole the product and now lives in Honduras. (bastardo). Then, when all was lost; I discovered (thank you Jerry Lee Lewis) ... Burning Pianos!!!!!

My life (and Jedi training) has been complete ever since but I still miss blowing up the occasional plastic model, Still get grossed out by man-melons, and often wonder what happened to Humpy the camel.

OK, SERIOUSLY! .........................................................

20 years on and this never gets boring. There are those I have worked with that discover I have an intense passion for my work and place a 150% priority on my craft. Even though I have limited space, I achieve much with what is available to me. And with 5 cats bouncing off my equipment; that is a feat in itself. I try to challenge myself creatively on a continuous basis.

Lately my priority has been to my house and some strays that have come my way (I just adopted out a pooch on New years). I'll get around to posting my work once I get the fur-balls vacuumed out of my server.

TTFN! Marcus
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Re: Fresh off the turnip truck

Hi, Marcus! Welcome to RetouchPro! Explore and Enjoy!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon