RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Finally De-lurking!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Wink Finally De-lurking!

Hi! I've been lurking around here for quite a while here (I had another username for the past year or so, but it got a bug in it and could never make a post, so I [finally] re-joined with my 'usual' online handle this month), and finally made it to post my first post and introduce myself.

A little about me:

My name's Lily. I'm an artist and have worked professionally in almost all aspects of photography. I started out in theater, went to hair & makeup and got my cosmetology license in '93. Worked in salons to pay my way through art school (illustration). Was planning on being an illustrator/portrait artist until I started classes in PS...and one in particular - Photo reconstruction and restoration - and it was all 'downhill' from there. Worked in photo studios doing hair and makeup until one studio noticed some retouching work I had done in school and offered to professionally train me in negative retouching and photo finishing in early '99 (aw yeah!). Got professionally trained in more digital retouching that same year. Worked in-house for a while, then freelance. Started doing photography for my own photo-references for my artwork, and then got addicted. I do portrait work (white on black colored pencil, sometimes with color) here and there, but mainly just for myself/to show instead of to sell or commission.

Currently, I do fine art portraiture & photography (people come to me, I do all their hair/makeup/photos/etc), fantasy art photography, and (my passion) photo restorations/reconstructions when I can.

Although there are photographers and models and stylists a plenty, I don't know many retouchers. So when I found this site/forum, I was in heaven! I'm hoping to get more photo restorations done and in my portfolio, but it's been slow going. I've done a few of the photo challenges, but haven't posted any yet (my old laptop tried to eat one when it died last week, so hopefully I'll still be able to get it off of there soon). I love the challenges and look at different styles people have, and learn what I can from them.

So yeah, that's basically it. I think.

~Lily

Last edited by Girlgoth; 02-10-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: forgot I had an old username a few years ago, and forgot to add my name. :D
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2009, 03:53 AM

Re: Finally De-lurking!

Warm welcome to RetouchPro!
Share wit us your works, and your passions! Do you have website, blog?

With regards
Stopa
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2009, 09:49 AM

Welcome to retouchpro.com once again!

We would love to get your input in some of the discussions going on in the Photography section of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlgoth View Post
....Currently, I do fine art portraiture & photography....
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2009, 09:00 PM

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopa View Post
Warm welcome to RetouchPro!
Share wit us your works, and your passions! Do you have website, blog?

With regards
Stopa
I have a site, but it's currently holding other things. I'm working on getting my work back online, and making it my focus. I will definitely post when I start getting stuff online though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lopes View Post
Welcome to retouchpro.com once again!

We would love to get your input in some of the discussions going on in the Photography section of the forum.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

~Lily
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon