Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

begin: delurkage

Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 AM
begin: delurkage

I'm Kole and I'm new.

Saying it like that almost feels like I'm in some sort of Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. AA, NA. We should start a Retouchers Anonymous organization that serves bad espresso and stale croissants while we all guiltily confess to that one time 35 years ago when we used a blur filter to fix Acne God's skin because we were in a rush. "Hi, I'm Kole and I use a Wacom Intuos 3 while eating sticky food."

Anyways. Bio stats in case you want collect things like that. Tuck them into a jar somewhere.

I'm 25. A girl (the name is misleading, it's a nickname for Nichole because my little brother couldn't say "N" when learning to talk). I'm from Michigan originally but living in sunny SoCal right now. I graduated with a BA in Film Production from Brooks Institute of Photography in 2006. Which, due to the aging process, now feels like it was 93 years ago. Went to Scotland for grad school and studied marketing at the University of St. Andrews. Blah blah more boring stuff.

Now, I work as a professional retoucher and studio manager for a high-end portraiture studio in Ventura as well as doing a lot of retouching for the Hallmark Movie Channel out of Studio City. And I do a lot of freelance work too. I might be a workaholic. Which, sadly, doesn't seem to be as fun as any of the other aholic categories but definitely less damaging to the liver.

That seems to cover it. Say hi if you're mindlessly bored at 3am and the infomercials just aren't doing it while you wait to make sure that those images actually upload to your client's server properly. Send messages. Emails. IMs. Carrier pigeons. Sky writing would be really cool. I'm in Ventura, CA. Use the red smoke because it looks the prettiest.

Oh, and I like sushi and bungee jumping.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Re: begin: delurkage

Hi Nichole, welcome to RP. I'm from Michigan and hope to visit California some day...
I hope you will stick around and give us some tips and tricks and some real life examples of your retouching.
see ya round
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Re: begin: delurkage

Hello to AR(pro) !!! (AnonimusRetouchPro)

If you are mindlessly bored at 3am, just think, that I will wakeup one hour later. Very often I have to start my day at 4am, to send my red (or better) magenta smoke into the sky.

Anonymus. Yeap. I only hear, that this one or that one Photographer, Stylist, or Producer bounce on holidays, on the end of the world- and me... my skin is 5000K, my eyes closed in narrow gamut, and with spiral column shaped in nice Strong Contrast Curve.
Anonymus - could you notice my name under this editorial - please?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon