RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

I'm asking for your prayers

Old 09-24-2009, 07:57 AM

Re: I'm asking for your prayers

Thank you all so much! Your love and support has meant so much to me.

I have to tell you the best part of this whole experience. My surgeon examined me post-op and he brought me a present. A lovely pink box with a printed bow. It was a mastectomy camisole. Now here's my WORLD RENOWN surgeon helping me put it on and showing me how the drain bulbls go into these "hidden" pockets. Then he put in the polyester "foobs" (fake boobs) and said, "I remember you said you wanted 'perky' ones." LOL I'm sure most of the ladies here would agree that it's usually left to the nurses to help with things like that NOT the surgeon. But he's just that kind of compassionate and loving doctor who goes the extra mile for his patients. He then stepped back and said, "You are beautiful! Now take care of your self, call my cell phone if you need anything and I'll see you next week." A soft kiss on my cheek and he was off to share his love with his next patient.

There's no way I could walk away from that experience and not feel good.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2009, 08:19 AM

Swampy, that brought tears to my eyes, joyful ones. I'm not sure if it is because he was so caring or because you sound so upbeat in what must be a very long, rough period of your life. Probably a bit of both. It is great to hear from you and I know I'm not alone when I say that we look forward to your complete and full recovery.
Doreen
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Thank you all so much! Your love and support has meant so much to me.

I have to tell you the best part of this whole experience. My surgeon examined me post-op and he brought me a present. A lovely pink box with a printed bow. It was a mastectomy camisole. Now here's my WORLD RENOWN surgeon helping me put it on and showing me how the drain bulbls go into these "hidden" pockets. Then he put in the polyester "foobs" (fake boobs) and said, "I remember you said you wanted 'perky' ones." LOL I'm sure most of the ladies here would agree that it's usually left to the nurses to help with things like that NOT the surgeon. But he's just that kind of compassionate and loving doctor who goes the extra mile for his patients. He then stepped back and said, "You are beautiful! Now take care of your self, call my cell phone if you need anything and I'll see you next week." A soft kiss on my cheek and he was off to share his love with his next patient.

There's no way I could walk away from that experience and not feel good.
Swampy Gal you mean to say you have let a strange man play with your (new)boobs already ! ! ! ! ! ( hope he was good looking and rich )

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 AM

LOL, Palms!

Here's a pic of my wonderful doctor. If he's rich, you'd never know it since he's so unassuming and down-to-earth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ObjectRender.jpg (7.1 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
LOL, Palms!

Here's a pic of my wonderful doctor. If he's rich, you'd never know it since he's so unassuming and down-to-earth.
Sure looks like a bloke you would trust and that is very important !

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM

Seems you found a gem Swampy, lovely. Totally unrelated but when I fell pregnant with 6th child I felt so guilty as so many looked down on me, but doc said to me "I'm so jealous of you", really turned around my mental status. Best wishes, love and prayers to you

Last edited by Cassidy; 09-24-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 AM

i do hope he bought you dinner and played a movie or something first
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2009, 07:12 PM

Swampy, As I've been reading of your physical battle, I have utmost respect and admiration for you and the fight you're waging. We don't know each other too well as I've just been coming around a few months but I do know you sound like one terrific lady with tons of friends. It sounds like you've got a 5*Doc as well. Everything works together along with Heartfelt prayers.

I still can't get over outpatient surgery for a double masectomy!!???
I had a gallbladder removed last August and that was....outpatient, too.

Granted, recouping at home or on your own outside of the hospital may be more pleasant than staying in but, is it as safe or safer? I think it's all a matter of $$$ and the insurance companies save a bit this way.

It is so grand to hear you sound chipper. Glad it's over? Yeah. Well, I'm happy it's over for you, too. Praying, too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-25-2009, 11:52 PM

I needed something to do tonight. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4Swampy.jpg (88.3 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2009, 08:15 AM

Thank you for the card and good wishes, Veronica!

On the outpatient surgery for a double mastectomy... The first thing my doc was concerned about was infection, especially MRSA (an aggressive form of staff) and a higher chance of exposure to H1N1 virus. The more people you are around, the greater the exposure and when you consider a hospital setting there are a lot of people in and out of your room. Dr. Cox said his MRSA cases had decreased by 45% since he started doing outpatient surgeries last year.

Other factors he considered were that my general state of health was good and the great family support I had.

You are right though, insurance companies are pushing patients out of the hospital as soon as possible in order to cut costs.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon