RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

I'm asking for your prayers

Old 03-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Re: I'm asking for your prayers

Swampy, Good luck and aloha, keep on fighting
cliff
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Patron

Hi Swampy,
I am so sorry to hear of your illness and very glad to know you have access to the best treatment possible. I have many friends and family members who have had breast cancer and have beaten it. Keep up your fighting spirit and positive attitude so that you too can beat the odds. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and I will anxiously await word on your progress.
Warmest Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 01:40 AM

Give her shit Swampy! It's time to fight.

Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Patron

I realize this is a very daunting time for you and your family, so when you feel the weight of what you are experiencing and feel the need to cope by expressing how you are feeling... I want you to know you have a shoulder to lean on.. sometimes just listening to a person can be of help and you can contact me any time!

All things are possible and you are not alone. For the moment you might feel despondent, but keep in mind that we at RetouchPRO are here for you. I promise that no matter what... I will be here for your, every step of the way -- BTW.. We have added you to our prayer list and our church's prayer list.

Remember this is a learning community so Practice Cubed on all those survival/coping Swampy skills...

You be the "Swamp Lady" and as far as I know there is nothing you cannot accomplish!

You're the Best!

Anything else I can do... contact me!

Da Ol Bald Guy
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 06:11 PM

Swampy,

I am so sorry to hear the news. There is nothing I can say, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. It's encouraging news about the "top doc" and your sister being so close.

~T
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 PM

For those that might want a breast cancer awareness avatar...

Microscoft ClipArt
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Alll my friends here have been so loving and kind. Annie, thank you for the beautiful praryer. I know we've never met, but you can't believe how it lifted me. Welcome to RTP!!!

So for an update.

Thursday, Met the Doctor and cannot express how positive and encouraging he is. After his exam he said, "Yeah, I think I can handle this (with a sweet chuckle, a smile and a knowing wink) I've seen worse. All your blood work, is near perfect so you are going in healthy"

Three of my sisters stuck with me for every exam, test or consultation. We laughed and joked and pulled all the staff and aids into "our" party. Dr. Cox gave me an over view of what to expect all the way through reconstructive surgery. Well, I had to laugh and told him at my age "I WANT PERKY ONES!" LOL Did you know they make "cancer bras" stuffed with things like bird seed and BUCKSHOT???? I cracked up when I asked him if I got one of those if he would give me a doctor's note to get through airport security? LOL

Finished up Thursday with EKG and Chest XRays and took the Thursday party to a Walgreens to pick up prescriptions. Those who know me know I hate to even take an aspirin!! Well, I'm here to tell you that Xnax and Vicodan are great! ROTF. Then we moved the party to Olive Garden, laughing joking and making cell phone calls and enjoying a couple bottles of Reisling. Our waiter even joined the fun and when he brought the after dinner mints he was holding something behind his back. A WHOLE BOX OF CHOCOLATE MINTS!!! He said, "Ladies, I don't know where you're moving the party from here and I can't go with you, but here enjoy the mints!" Spent the night with a sister.

FRIDAY --- Back to the Docs office in the afternoon for a little surgery. They did the biopsies (breast and lymph node) and inserted the "port" which they use to pump chemo and medecine through or draw blood etc. (saves on future needle sticks). They broke the rule of "only one person" in the Pre-Op and Recovery areas and let my sisters tag along. Again we laughed and teased the gorgeous anesthesiologist (maybe 30 years old?). Something new for me was that in addition to the "happy stuff" they give you before going into surgery, they also gave an anti nausea drug. First time I ever came out from "under" that I wasn't sick!!! Wonderful stuff.

Back for another night at my sister's where I crashed and slept like a baby!

People are just wonderful!!

My sister has started a blog for me at CaringBridge.org. I'll be using the guest book area so stop in and catch up and join my "on line party". We thought it would be a great place to keep friends and family updated.

Thank you again for being such wonderful friends.

hugs...dee dee
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 AM

Swampy,
My thoughts and my hopes for your recovery are with you.

Pavel

Last edited by pavel123; 03-22-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-22-2009, 03:03 PM

Swampy, brand new here. Our thoughts are with you. Here's wishing you speedy good news and rapid recovery.

Scrumpy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2009, 12:27 AM

Swampy, I apologize for being so late with this. I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. My wife and I are adding our prayers and best wishes for you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon