RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

I'm asking for your prayers

Old 04-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Re: I'm asking for your prayers

Peckham Ponce... A funny story... When I was checking in to one of the facilities for tests they asked my religion... I said Christian, one sister said Catholic, another Hindu and another Jewish. The receptionist looked rather confused and we explained that we were touching ALL bases. :-) Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Welcome to Retouch Pro and I hope you enjoy and learn as much here as I have over the past 4 years.

Last edited by Swampy; 04-05-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
....I want to start kicking some cancer butt RIGHT NOW!!!!...
That's the spirit Swampy!!!!!! So glad to hear your good news!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2009, 05:36 PM

Sorry that I am so late in responding to your fight. You will be in my prayers for full recovery. You are gallant lady.
Alan
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2009, 01:36 AM

Swampy,

I was diagnosed with a maligant melanoma in an advanced stage. At the time I was still in the Air Force. They gave me less than 10% chance of survival. They sent a chaplain to see me and someone from legal to make sure I was prepared. It was August and I was told that celebrating Thanksgiving was possible, Christmas was iffy at best, but highly unlikely that I would still be around for my birthday in March.

In August of 2008 I became a 25 year cancer survivor. My point is that the quoted survival rates are statistics and can not take into consideration the many variables that make a person who they are. Things like faith, family, spirit, love of life, determination, and soul. The list goes on.

And never forget that someone has to be in the 10% or 30% or whatever percent that survives. Why not you? Or me?

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Lee
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 AM

YAY Swampy! Sounds like you are going into this fight with guns loaded & I have no doubt that you ARE going to "kick some cancer butt" I can't wait for this all to be behind you & you have your clean bill of health. In the meantime I'm sending you light & love & many thanks for all you do!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Great story Swampy..by the way Florida is my 'second home' spiritual wise...I love the place...4 visits now and it gets better everytime.

Good idea covering all options lol.always wise to get all the help you can in everything

I sent a message to the 'sky daddy'...you know what Im sure someone was listening too...i got a feeling youll be here for another 4 years and many more after that too!

Cancer is a cowardly bully of a disease,it creeps up on you from behind and hits you...fight back babe, its the best way of dealing with a bully

5000 miles across the pond are a long way...and given the time difference too...my thoughts should get there in a few hours!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2009, 03:30 PM

Thanks again, PP

Lee.... Thanks for sharing your inspiring story. The practical side of me made appointments with my Tax guy and my attorney to make sure I had all the legal bases were covered. It's something we all hate to think about, but I just feel better knowing those things are taken care of.

Glad I checked my living will. Florida laws have changed since the Terry Schiavo case. My LW was about 10 years old. There are some new "key words" that must now be included in my LW to cover that situation. Again, not a pleasant thought, but things you do for peace of mind.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2009, 04:46 PM

No ones gonna need that will Swampy...

The only will youll need is the one to live...keep it up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 AM

Dearest Swampy,
It's not a coincidence that your first treatment is right after the Celebration of Easter. It is a Season of Renewal, of Faith and of Hope. You will fight and you will win...with all of us right beside you. Here is a <<<<< HUG >>>>>, use it as many times as you need, it never wears out.

Diane
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 AM

Swampy,
I haven't been by here lately and was saddened and shocked to see this post. Please know that you have been added to my private list of "SHEROS" (that's heros with a 'she')... the list of women in my life who have had or are just recently fighting this disease and are in my prayers.

Within the past year a younger cousin of mine as well as my best friend and now my neice are all going through this. My mother went through it 20+ years ago and is still alive and kickin' at 91!!

Stay strong, get lots of hugs, and laugh, laugh a lot.

Sue
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon