Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Need help uploading

Old 03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Question Need help uploading

Hello everyone, I'm new here and need help. I tried to upload a couple of my jpg images to share and got an error with no explanation. I'm perplexed. Help? Thanks. Looking at the sight, there's a wealth of information and I'm thrilled to have found you all. Don't know what I have to offer but hopefully I'll have something to give back! Blessings, annee
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Re: Need help uploading

The most common problem is trying to attach an image larger than 100k (200k for Patrons). Try using Save For Web and JPG Medium and keep it under 800px in either direction. Granted, that's not very big, but you can crop your image to just the area in question.

Welcome aboard!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2009, 08:19 PM

annee, Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.

Just to add to what Doug has said, Click HERE for Info on how to size and attach an under 100k version of your image to your posts (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).

To attach an image after you've typed your NEW Thread post scroll down and click "Manage Attachments" under Additional Options.. if it is a REPLY then click "Go Advanced" below the reply box then scroll down and click "Manage Attachments" under Additional Options...,

After you post your less than 100K version here, you could also post a larger version at a host site of your own or your choice like: (3Meg max, free) or (2Meg max, free) or (1 Meg max free,... 5 Meg PRO)--
Then post a link here in this thread to the site that is hosting your larger version.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 05:37 PM

Hey guys, thanks a bunch for your helpful advice and warm welcome. annee :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM

I am having trouble figuring out how to save an image to 100k so I can upload. The instructions referenced above look like maybe they are for CS2? Can anyone tell me how to do it in CS3? I fumbled through and did it once but can't do it again -- and I feel like a total idiot!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon